To those who have seen Maiden at rock in rio on video

spawn

Apr 14, 2001
Seeing as my favourite aspect of a live show is hearing the crowd singing along and seeing as south americans are renowned for doing so, could someone who has seen a bootleg tell me if they sing along much at the rock in rio show???

The one time I've seen it I fell asleep (tho hopefully not the video's fault!:eek:). The crowd seemed really into it tho :)

Originally posted by Mark
The one time I've seen it I fell asleep (tho hopefully not the video's fault!:eek:). The crowd seemed really into it tho :)

Fell asleep? Oh dear, that doesnt bode well at all :)

As long as the crowed goes nuts, im happy. :D

I think we have all seen one too many wicked Maiden vid's with good crowds.

Rock In Rio crowd is imo pretty average, bruce try's hard to work them up but they seem a little dull to me.

Maybe some of them came to see Britney and didn't know Maiden stuff... dunno.

It's rocks though, definately worth getting. The band is great (of course - Adrian a tad quiet but then he is always quiet on stage compared to run around everywhere Janick)

Originally posted by Los4words
Maybe some of them came to see Britney and didn't know Maiden stuff... dunno.

Well, considering Maiden and Britney weren't on the same day, I doubt it ;) I also think Maiden took the stage at 1am (or something?), and my guess is the crowd had been on their feet for 12 hours, so I wouldn't be too active either :eek:

Spawn, get Rock in Rio 1985! Its nuts!

Bruce gets pissed off. I can't remember exactly what happens but he gets the shits with the sound and smash's his guitar (in revelations of course) on the mixing desk and then does something with his head and splits it open. As Rod Smallwood said! It made great TV hehe :D

Is that Rock in Rio 85 thing a cd or a video? Or both? Sounds awesome :D
Was that the one where it had a revolving stage or something, so that while one act was playing the other could set up behind the stage and then when they moved the stage around everything fell over and all the cables got pulled out?

Originally posted by ironcross
Its on video.. it was on brazilian TV. I doubt you will get a decent copy of it. I haven't been able too :cry:

Hmmm is that a challenge?? :D Ill have a look for it, Ill let you know if I find one ok?