Rock in Rio (the way it should have been)

Wrathchild

Miserable Bastard
Apr 16, 2001
Enfield, South Australia
Visit site
Let's pretend for a moment that A Real Live/Dead One and Live at Donington never existed, and Rock In Rio was Maiden's first live effort since 1985. Ah, bliss...

Here's the tracklist I would have chosen. It's in reverse chronological order, but feel free to mix it up a bit for the sake of variety.

DISC 1:

The Wickerman
Ghost of The Navigator
Brave New World
The Fallen Angel (why wasn't this ever done live?!)
Futureal
The Clansman
Sign of the Cross
Man On The Edge
Be Quick or Be Dead
Fear of the Dark
Tailgunner
Can I Play With Madness?
The Evil That Men Do
The Clairvoyant

DISC 2:

Wasted Years
Heaven Can Wait (I know everyone's sick of it, but I still like the singalong bit in the middle.)
Stranger In a Strange Land
Aces High
Two Minutes to Midnight
The Trooper
The Number of the Beast
Run to the Hills
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Wrathchild
Killers
Sanctuary
Running Free
Iron Maiden

Just for Spawn, the crowd track would be nice and loud and the accompanying DVD would be every bit as state-of-the-art as we were promised. Then and only then would it be worth a purchase.

W

I think the tracklisting is very appropriate, as they played a festival, so they should play all the classics and such. At their own shows however, they should have alot more variety, but RIR was filmed at a festival, not one of their own shows. The only gripe I have with the tracklisting was that they played 'The Mercenary'...all the new stuff was working extremely well live, until they went one step too far and played this song. Should have been replaced with 'Wasted Years', or if they wanted to play something new, perhaps 'Fallen Angel' or 'Out Of The Silent Planet'. 'Fallen Angel' was played live at a few gigs, as I have an mp3 of it, but they didn't play it for much of the tour.

I agree that there could have been more extras on the DVD, but a few things is more than nothing, and sometimes I think fans ask too much. I'm really very happy with RIR. :headbang:

Now, on terms of 'not delivering', I'm still awaiting the release of the 'Visions Of The Beast' DVD that was talked about years ago...

At the price they charged RIR should have had some decent extras. 2 hour documentary, anyone? Singalong option with a little bouncy Eddie-head at the bottom of the screen so you can sing along to the lyrics? BEST DVD EVER then, I'm sure. :)

An option to take Iron Maiden out of the mix and only listen to the crowd! :headbang: :D

Originally posted by spawn
An option to take Iron Maiden out of the mix and only listen to the crowd! :headbang: :D

I can actually come close to this with my 5.1 system. As I can adjust everything that exist thanks to my comp, and the crowd is rear amp and the band are more on front, I just pump up the volume of the rear and I can barely hear the music.
:D
I am also happy with RIR dvd, even though more extras wouldn't hurt... :cool: