todays anecdote: we once tried makin it in poland!

Blakkheim

In the Still of the Night
May 16, 2001
Stockholm
www.katatonia.com
yeah, for a short time we relocated to poland to try our best at giving the the big break a chance...
an insider had told us what was gonna be the best big thing in the metal industry; death/thrash metal (preferably polish based) was the style to play if u wanted to become huge, so we went head over heels across the baltic for it...
and now it's with a heavy heart i remember we only managed to do one demo and as things didnt happen as we hoped, in fact the only that happened was 3 lost swedish speakin guys gettin the evil eye from the poles, so we moved back home to the snowy sweden and continued with our dark melodic doom metal... and after that... thats another story... (insert epic orchestra theme)....

opeth1 said:

kat1dl.jpg

maybe i'm just a weirdo :dopey:

You just made my morning :)

and, while at the topic, i have a vinyl single from anathema, recorded in 83 i think it was.. the tr00 swedish synthband anathema that is :)

:tickled:

and then you decided to move for a while to Avesta before coming back to Sthlm because Dalarna was more inspiring...and it was there that two borthers heard you rehearsing in the cellar of a steel factory..and decided to join the band and bla bla.

From this site:
"AVESTA based KATATONIA started life as a duo of guitarist Sombreius Blackheim "

..SOMBREIUS? Ha ha....didn´t know about that...

It isn't even this Katatonia.. look closer people.
Maciej Winogrodzki (vocals / guitar), Tomasz Zajac (bass / vocals), Mariusz Kercher (drums)
;)

Still funny though. :D