tom cruise, historian

xfer

I JERK OFF TO ARCTOPUS
Nov 8, 2001
New York City
www.geocities.com

from
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8343367/page/2/

(psycho interview with matt lauer where he talks about scientology for hours)

Cruise: No, you see. Here's the problem. You don't know the history of psychiatry. I do.

from the new Entertainment Weekly

EW: You are aware that your views about psychiatry come across as pretty radical to a lot of people.

CRUISE: In the 1980s, you were supposed to say no to drugs. But when I say no to drugs, I'm a radical? 'He's against drugs -- he's a radical! He's against electroshock treatments -- he's a radical!' [Laughing] It's absurd!

EW: Yeah, but Scientology textbooks sometimes refer to psychiatry as a ''Nazi science''...

CRUISE: Well, look at the history. Jung was an editor for the Nazi papers during World War II. [According to Aryeh Maidenbaum, the director of the New York Center for Jungian Studies, this is not true.] Look at the experimentation the Nazis did with electric shock and drugging. Look at the drug methadone. That was originally called Adolophine. It was named after Adolf Hitler... [According to the Dictionary of Drugs and Medications, among other sources, this is an urban legend.]

maybe this is really old news, but i wasn't aware of how deep the rumored sham of his latest relationship is - a few papers/tabloids are alluding that she was kidnapped and brainwashed?

other actresses are insinuating that they were "auditioned" for her role?

yeah it's pretty mush assumed that scarlett johanssen, kate bosworth (I think?) and someone else turned down a $5 million offer to be married to Cruise to cover up the fact htat he is gay.

also he fired his old publicist who was apparently really good at not letting him act like a DAMN LUNATIC ALL THE TIME. here's another good example!

Cruise, Lauer argue on 'Today'
'Worlds' star: 'You don't know the history of psychiatry. I do'

Friday, June 24, 2005; Posted: 1:22 p.m. EDT (17:22 GMT)

Lauer, Cruise
Matt Lauer and Tom Cruise on the "Today" show.

NEW YORK (AP) -- Let the cynics talk. Tom Cruise is in love -- and he just can't restrain himself.

"You know what? There's always cynics. There always has been. There always will be," said Cruise, who hasn't been shy about displaying his affection for "Batman Begins" actress Katie Holmes. "I have never worried ... about what other people think and what other people say."

Cruise, 42, and Holmes, 26, went public with their romance in April, smooching and posing for photographers in Rome. They recently became engaged.

Many have doubted the romance -- the words "publicity stunt" have rained down on the couple like an alien invasion as Cruise has been busy promoting his new film, "War of the Worlds," directed by Steven Spielberg, which opens on June 29.

"I have to tell you. It's just a great time in my life," Cruise said in an interview that aired Friday on NBC's "Today" show. "I'm really happy. And, you know, I'm engaged. I'm going to be married. I can't restrain myself. It's like you've got two little cords on your mouth and you can't stop smiling."

The actor, whose marriages to Mimi Rogers and Nicole Kidman ended in divorce, declined to say what Holmes has brought to his life that wasn't there in the past.

"I don't want to compare things," Cruise said. "It's that thing where you just -- in life when it just happens. ... You meet someone. And it's -- I can't even describe it."

When asked if he could be with someone at this stage in his life who doesn't have an interest in the Church of Scientology -- Holmes has said she's embracing the religion -- Cruise told interviewer Matt Lauer: "Scientology is something that you don't understand. It's like you could be a Christian and be a Scientologist.

"It is a religion. Because it's dealing with the spirit. You as a spiritual being. It gives you tools you can use to apply to your life."

When Lauer mentioned Cruise's earlier criticism of Brooke Shields for taking anti-depressants, Cruise told the "Today" show co-host he didn't know what he was talking about.

"You don't know the history of psychiatry. I do," Cruise said.

The interview became more heated when Lauer, who said he knew people who had been helped by the attention-deficit disorder drug Ritalin, asked Cruise about the effects of the drug.

"Matt, Matt, you don't even -- you're glib," Cruise responded. "You don't even know what Ritalin is. If you start talking about chemical imbalance, you have to evaluate and read the research papers on how they came up with these theories, Matt, OK. That's what I've done."

Copyright 2005 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

"Matt, Matt, you don't even -- you're glib," Cruise responded. "You don't even know what Ritalin is. If you start talking about chemical imbalance, you have to evaluate and read the research papers on how they came up with these theories, Matt, OK. That's what I've done."

"Josh, Josh, you don't even -- you're glib," "You don't even know what Tom Cruise is. If you start talking about chemical imbalance, you have to evaluate and read the research papers on how he comes up with these theories, Josh, OK. That's what I've done."

This all reminds me of his role in Magnolia, that psychotic and slowly degenerating interview with that woman interviewer. My opinion of him greatly increased when I saw that film, but now, I wonder if he was acting or just... being himself.

dude i did so many double takes when we would walk down hollywood boulevard or whatever and suddenly there'd be the L RON HUBBARD CENTER FOR THE SACRED DC8 or something and people were just walking by like it was normal and okay

And lets not forget all he knows about Feudal Japan and the Samurai, just because he became a "samurai" in The Last Samurai. An American Samurai, mind you. It doesn't even make sense that an American was in Japan in that period, would make much for sense for Frenchman, or even a German to even be in Japan at that time, let alone be a "samurai," a social class that you're born into.

And this comes from someone who doesn't really like Japan. I do like Mia, and she's Japanese.

helm:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientology

So Suzie and I went down to the library, and we started hauling books out and looking for words. And we finally found "scio" and we find "ology". And there was the founding of that word. Now, that word had been used to some degree before. There had been some thought of this. Actually the earliest studies on these didn't have any name to them until a little bit along the line and then I called it anything you could think of. But we found that this word Scientology, you see—and it could have been any other word that had also been used—was the best-fitted word for exactly what we wanted.

durrrr

xfer said:
i dunno if that's true but given that scientology is about cultish manipulation through celebrity and cajoling it's probably not false.

Lets not forget that Charles Manson was and Courtney Love is currently a Scientologist.