Tom Warrior's new band: Tryptikon (or whatever the name)

Oh yes. I have been waiting for some actual songs. Abyss Within My Soul sounds like an extension of Monotheist, which is not surprising as Tom has stated a lot of material for Tryptikon was intended for the Monotheist follow up. A Thousand lies just kicks ass. Toms vocals are killer on that track. Most vocalists seem to chill out over the years but those are some of his most fucked up intense vocals yet.

this shit is pretty awesome. it grabbed me by the balls like metal should.
A Thousand Lies is like some awesome new super fast CF ... holy shit that track smokes.
Best shit I heard from them since To Mega Therion.

i wish the drums didn't sound so shit

i can't wait til the day this overproduced protools bullshit ends in some manner of nuclear holocaust

hmm ... I just sat through the entire disc in one sitting, which I rarely do nowadays. not sure what made me do it as I am not overly impressed.
I guess I was waiting for "that" track that will blow me away but it didn't come.

its a pretty good, somewhat immersive record but I have numerous issues with it right away

- every freaking song it seems has a shitload of "I" and "you" in the lyrics ... I shall perish, you shall live ... I will, you do, etc ... ad nauseum... weird. Not sure why I picked up on this
- Tom's vocal delivery is too flat on this disc ... very monotonous I think ... also his weird German accent is no longer existent. Me no likely this perfect English delivery.
- there is nothing really new here that was not done on Monotheist ... which is my biggest problem as no two CF discs were alike before and was expecting something somewhat different and I don't care what the name of the band is ... this is freaking CF continued.
- the production while heavy doesn't feel organic and seems too perfect which I think detracts from the overall heaviness.

but again ... solid effort ... just was expecting something more or at least "different"

curious what others think.

after that initial spin, so far it has not made me want to revisit it.
do need to spin it though loud in the car. it might give me a different vibe.