Tommy Karevik is replacing Roy Khan on Kamelot world tour?

Prog-Agressive

The Keyboard of OUTSIDERS
Sep 5, 2009
Santiago, Chile
www.myspace.com
American/Norwegian melodic metallers KAMELOT have released the following statement:

"Unfortunately, we have been informed that, due to continuing medical and
personal issues, [vocalist] Roy Khan [full name: Roy Sætre Khantatat] will not be able to finish the remaining touring in support of [KAMELOT's latest album] 'Poetry For The Poisoned'. However, we are pleased to announce that metal icon Fabio Lione (RHAPSODY OF FIRE) will be joining the tour and handling the lead vocal duties. There will also be guest vocal appearances throughout the tour by Simone Simons (EPICA), Tommy Karevik (SEVENTH WONDER), and many more surprise guests throughout this very special and rare tour."

Blabbermouth.net

Hell Yeah!!! Kamelot will be playing in Chile (my Country) on April 7 of next year!

Will be my only chance to see Tommy singing, live on stage?!?!?!

Might be going to Gothenburg with MartinW - and if they announce a date closer to me on their U.S. tour, then I'll attend both and scream for Tommy every time he comes on-stage. :D

I think he will only be on a few dates, probably just singing one or two songs, and these dates will most likely be in Europe and not the Americas. Just speculation, though. Still, I hope he shows up in Gothenburg. :D

Could this mean that Seventh Wonder is opening for Kamelot on their US tour? I could only wish!

Yeah, that would be awsome, but lets be realistic. Band is now out of drummer. Getting new one who fits to group musically and as a person, that will take some (more or less) time and lots of hard work. Still hope boys will find substitute for Johnny in proper time, so they can head out for some new shows/tours as soon as possible.

Anyway, getting a support/special guest -slot beside some bigger band like Kamelot could really help SW to get some more name and some new audience of their own.

Still, thumbs up to Tommy for this. Great opportunity man!

Tommy!

If you're out there can you clarify where you'll be singing with Kamelot and what your role will be? (I want to get tickets!)

Cheers!

Hi people! It is true that I am going to participate as a guest singer in the european part of the Kamelot tour 2011! I feel very proud and honored to have gotten the opportunity and I am very much looking forward to it! More news will follow shortly as I have all the details! Stay tuned!

Thanks for all the positive respons from all of you!:devil:

Hi people! It is true that I am going to participate as a guest singer in the european part of the Kamelot tour 2011! I feel very proud and honored to have gotten the opportunity and I am very much looking forward to it! More news will follow shortly as I have all the details! Stay tuned!

Thanks for all the positive respons from all of you!:devil:

awesome!!! :)

I'd come to Kamelot's gig only for seeing Tommy again but the only thing I liked about Kamelot was Roy's vocal works so I think I'll just pass :rofl: (And btw, Lione was a terrible choice in my opinion. I can't stand his voice at all =/)

So..that's time to start listen Kamelot..

I really hate Roy's voice... But Tommy is a fantastic singer..so.. Let's wait for the music!

KAMELOT With CIRCUS MAXIMUS Vocalist MICHAEL ERIKSEN:

[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZmKCxetdxo[/url]

I wanna watch the same video with Tommy! :yell:

Mr. Eriksen is an awesome vocalist. On a sidenote here, my friend (the guitarist from Finnish band LEVERAGE http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NdGntZzIp4 "the guy who plays the first solo in that video) is currently making an album with Michael Eriksen. I heard some unmixed tracks from that album in my friend's studio this week and his singing was just flawless.

And yes, Tommy will sound awesome with Kamelot. No doubt about that!