Tommy Karevik is replacing Roy Khan on Kamelot world tour?

Mr. Eriksen is an awesome vocalist. On a sidenote here, my friend (the guitarist from Finnish band LEVERAGE http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NdGntZzIp4 "the guy who plays the first solo in that video) is currently making an album with Michael Eriksen. I heard some unmixed tracks from that album in my friend's studio this week and his singing was just flawless.
And yes, Tommy will sound awesome with Kamelot. No doubt about that!

That surely will be a project to look forward to.

I think we can count on 'Eden Echo' as a certainty and I assume he'll sing one or two songs more (I hope for more of course, but I guess that will be difficult with the amount of singers and Fabio being the main vocalist).

During the Amsterdam gig Tommy (indeed) sang 'Eden Echo'.
That was the only song he performed on his own - which is of course way too few!!
You'll see him a lot on stage though being the background-singer for a lot of songs.

Great stuff. Tommy should sing a couple more tracks though! I hope this brings some exposure for Seventh Wonder because these are quite big concerts!

It is funny to see how effortlessly he does it. I know that when he writes stuff for himself in SW he has to fight a whole lot more to make it as he always pushes himself, and here I get the feeling he's kind of relaxing through it as it is kind of less technically demanding I guess, but still delivering in a great way.

It was a really weird but cool thing to see him on stage from this point of view instead from the side!

I too hope they bring him up front on more tracks!

I really hope they will let him song a couple more songs later on, or at least let him sing something different. I love Edenecho a lot, but I think Kamelot have a lot of songs that are more challenging and demand a wide range for the vocals. That would be cool. I doubt that would ever happen - but I would like to hear what he would do with something as crazy as "Elizabeth" - all three parts of course.

Anyway. I was in Amsterdam and in Antwerp at the Kamelot concerts and both were absolutely killer shows. It did feel odd to see Tommy doing backing vocals - such a waste of talent. :worship: But at least he got a lot of stage presence through that.

I really liked Edenecho in Amsterdam, but for me (in first row) the microphone was too low and I barely heard his voice. Also it was quite obvious that it was just the 'second day on the job'. Very promising, nonetheless.

And then came Antwerp (just one day later) and I looked like this:

:OMG:

Everything was perfect. Seriously. I hope someone filmed his performance in Antwerp. :worship:

I really hope that SW gets more exposure through it, it's about time the whole world knows what really good music is! :hotjump:

Hey there are already some bootleg/video out on youtube. Btw we're so freaky happy that we'll have the chance to meet and hug again our boy, our metal hero, in Trieste on2nd May during "our" concert of Sons of Seasons and if mr.TY will permit he'll partecipate at the final jam session too!! (singing some Kamelot tunes of course...)
Second and very special chance : OSLO GIG on 14th where he'll recognize a lot of known faces :)) counting the days Bro'!

Saterdayevening I was at the Paradiso in Amsterdam. I was a bit disappointed Tommy only had one song, during that song I also could barely hear his voice wich was a shame.

I was a bit sceptical when I heard Fabio would be replacment for Roy on this tour. But I have to admit he did an excellent job. He was very active on stage, entertaining the crowd. I guess thats one thing Tommy has yet to pick up, but thats probably just experience.

Just got back from Sheffield, Tommy sang lead on Centre Of The Universe. Was awesome! Videos and pictures to follow, either later tonight or tomorrow.

Low quality, but better than nothing:

Last edited by a moderator: