Tommy Lee Quits MOTLEY CRUE...Again!

Wyvern

Master of Disaster
Staff member
Nov 24, 2002
Not that I give a rat's ass, but I know Sixxi will love to rant about this one :p

Los Angeles Superior Court Document No. BC372846, dated September 11, 2007, filed by attorneys for Mötley Crüe Inc., Red, White & Crue Inc., Nikki Sixx and Mick Mars reveals that Mötley Crüe had four members: Nikki Sixx, Vince Neil, Mick Mars and Tommy Lee. Lee recently informed Sixx and Mars, the shareholders of MCI, that he was resigning from the band and his resignation as accepted.

This comes as a direct result of the plaintiffs demanding a jury trial to resolve actions brought against the defendants, citing breach of fiduciary duty and constructive fraud. Specifically, Tommy Lee's manager, Carl Stubner, is accused of orchestrating, devising and implementing a self-serving scheme promoting Lee's solo activities to the harm and detriment of the band. During the times relevant to this action, band members Lee and Neil were employees and/or agents of MCI.

Additionally, following the Red, White & Crüe album and 2005 tour, Mötley Crüe entered into a deal with Wal Mart. Wal Mart paid Mötley Crüe a $900,000 advance to record a new studio album, of which $300,000 was dispersed to the band and $600,000 kept for the production of the album. The new album was scheduled to be recorded in 2006 for release in 2007. An international tour in support of the new album was also planned. This deal with Wal Mart was designed to generate a new album and result in higher album, ticket and merchandise revenue. It is the band's first full-length studio album with all-new material in ten years.

Ultimately, because Defendants influenced and persuaded Lee to engage in individual projects and not perform with the band, Mötley Crüe was forced to cancel its Southeast Asia tour in August 2006. Mötley Crüe was also forced to miss numerous dates on the band's tour with Aerosmith from September through December 2006. As a result, Mötley Crüe lost over $8,000,000 in ticket, merchandise and album sales associated with those tour dates.

Despite continuous requests from other band members to "get Tommy into the studio" to record the new album, Defendants withheld his services. Defendants convinced Lee to refrain from recording the new album as part of their extortive scheme to obtain more money from their other fiduciary, Mötley Crüe. These actions by Defendants have significantly delayed the release of the band's new album resulting in more than $1,500,000 in lost album sales. Additionally, Mötley Crüe was forced to pay taxes on Wal Mart's $600,000 album advance because the money was not used for recording the new album.

NP: Rick Wakeman - 'Variations on The Fire'

You're obviuosly not a fan of his, but you can't take away his drumming skills... Anyone can tell he has above average skills...:Smug:

ahh, no, common misconception, anyone who has been drumming for a year could play what he does, unless of course you mean he is above average because he spins his sticks which is just a gimmick as any decent drummer (Jarzombek, Portnoy, Smith) would say.

ahh, no, common misconception, anyone who has been drumming for a year could play what he does, unless of course you mean he is above average because he spins his sticks which is just a gimmick as any decent drummer (Jarzombek, Portnoy, Smith) would say.

He's more than flash he's the backbone of the band. You can think what you want, maybe you're a drummer? I don't know, nor do I care. I think the drummers you mentioned would name him as an influnece...
I think it's very clear that you don't like his band therefore he's insignificant right?:rolleyes:

People have their own styles of what kind of music they play. Like me, I drum Speed Metal and Death Metal kind of stuff. It's just what catches my mind and limbs, so I play it. It's just what we like. Some people never really move on from that, some people do. It took me since I was two to get to where I am today. For a while there, I did a rap kind of beat[God, I regret that], and then it was a powerpop beat, then I decided to look into Metal.
Really, you can't judge people's skills by what they play on stage.

As for the topic: Wow. I really don't even care what Tommy Lee does. Or Motley Crue. I'm not into that band much.

Shit, scary news. He might not be the best drummer but he is the best Motley Crue drummer. IMO he looks so comfortable while playing, much like Scott Travis does when he plays.

Really, you can't judge people's skills by what they play on stage.

You really think so? I mean to me looking at a player live is when I know if he/she is really good. After all in a studio with Pro Tools you can make Corpsegrind Fisher sound like Pavarotti and Ritchie Blackmore sound like me :Smug:

My opinion, but of course I'm not a musician.

NP: Helloween - 'The Bells Of The Seven Hells'

As a guitarist, the most important thing that a drummer can do is make it back to beat one ON TIME and maintain a steady beat. Tommy certainly does that, and he does it very well. That's what made AC/DC's drumming so good. It was boring and simplistic as hell, but Rudd was on time and in time, and that's what counts.

Also, Motley's music has never needed Mike Portnoy on drums.

portnoy is a show off and winds up hurting songs. i am a huge dream theater fan but he always takes away from the melody and normally the groove a songs has by playing some unnecessary fills. i like him, hes a great drummer its just sometimes he wants you to focus on him and not the rest of the music.

thats why tommy lee is so good, he restrains himself. i've seen him play stuff that harder then what he plays in the crue

portnoy is a show off and winds up hurting songs. i am a huge dream theater fan but he always takes away from the melody and normally the groove a songs has by playing some unnecessary fills. i like him, hes a great drummer its just sometimes he wants you to focus on him and not the rest of the music.

thats why tommy lee is so good, he restrains himself. i've seen him play stuff that harder then what he plays in the crue

That guy simple doesn't know what he's talking about....:p

Just curious why everybody likes to hate Portnoy and LaBrie? I like DT, I have all their albums, I have ranted on many of them (and probably I keep doing it in the future) but I consider them very good musicians and they do what they suppose to do for their band and music very well. So it's alright not to deify Portnoy, but I see no point in bashing him either IMO.

Same goes for Tommy Lee, he may be not a gifted drummer but he does what it takes for MC well and that's what it counts isn't it?

Bottom line, if you don't like a band or a musician just say so WITHOUT unnecessary bashing (unless is black metal then is justified :p)

NP: Pretty Maids - 'Wake Up To The real World'

Just curious why everybody likes to hate Portnoy and LaBrie? I like DT, I have all their albums, I have ranted on many of them (and probably I keep doing it in the future) but I consider them very good musicians and they do what they suppose to do for their band and music very well. So it's alright not to deify Portnoy, but I see no point in bashing him either IMO.

Same goes for Tommy Lee, he may be not a gifted drummer but he does what it takes for MC well and that's what it counts isn't it?

Bottom line, if you don't like a band or a musician just say so WITHOUT unnecessary bashing (unless is black metal then is justified :p)

NP: Pretty Maids - 'Wake Up To The real World'

i like portnoy, i like dream theater, hes a good musician, just a show off and overdoes it sometimes which is what i was saying

just a show off and overdoes it sometimes

a) sweetheart if you had it, SHOW IT! :lol:
b) I don't think he overdoes anything, but again it's my opinion and as valid as yours ;)

NP: Icarus Witch - 'Nature Of The Beast'