Tom's guest vocals in 2008

batmura

Sea of Tranquility
Nov 1, 2001
www.seaoftranquility.org
Has Tom Englund guested on any other 2008 albums except for the new Ayreon, Neverland, and the upcoming Odin's Court?

Three years ago, Evergrey was the only medium for us, the fans, to hear him sing. Now he seems to accept any offer that is extended to him. Anyone else think he should stop spreading himself thin and focus entirely on Evergrey?

I doubt that Tom is "spreading himself thin" by contributing vocals as a guest artist on a few albums. With the way its done these days via the internet it's not like he had to travel anywhere to record his parts... He most likely did them in the same home studio where they were recording "Torn." I have no problem with Tom participating in whatever musical (ad)ventures he chooses. He probably spent a day or two total across all three projects to record (and possibly re-record) his parts at most.

The Ayreon parts were recorded in Arjen Lucassen his studio, so Tom does travel...:loco:

Mind you i didn't like Neverland that much, the songs with help from Tom, Mike Baker or Gary Wehrkamps sound great, but the songs without fall short...

The only other performance in 2008 featuring Tom that isn't listed here would be, Crown of Glory's new album "A Deep Breath of Life". On the song "The Raven's Flight" Tom does some backing vocals but that's really it.

I actually quite like the idea of Tom helping other band's with his guest appearances, it's good to see that he's willing to help good band's that are not so famous (Ayreon of course dosn't fit in here, but 01011001 is for me so far best album of 2008, with Evergrey and Wintersun waiting to be out... so I really support him for what he does.

If he were writing the lyrics or vocal melodies I might be a tad concerned about Tom spreading himself thin, but I doubt he's that collaborative on the process. Enjoy those sweet vibrations, my friend!