Tone Test - ENGL Powerball -

poidaobi

Held in Hollows
Mar 19, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
Yar. Just decided whether I should record with the POD or MIC up the ENGL. I just got a bass so I'm very new to mixing "real" bass. And just mixing in general.

It's more the rhythm guitars I'd want thoughts on. (i just put some unispired lead playing over it for the sake of it) The drums havent been "humanised" that much yet (i think a crash and kick fucks up somehwere). I'll wait 'till I've recorded the whole song

Slightly updated now so I've got a clip with the Rhythm Guitars on their own aswell as in the mix.

Song10ENGLinMix

Song10ENGL By itself

Shure SM57 to the side of the cone on a slight angle 1 inch from the grill

Cabinet ENGL Vintage 4x12. I'll post some more clips once I crank it to 3 on the Master :saint:

Cool tone man, could you post the settings of your powerball as I also have one but cant seem to get a tone im happy with on recordings. Also would you say the engl vintage cab is better for the powerball than say a recto cab?

Ch3 Gain5 Bass7 Mids4 Treble5 Presence 2 Depth 6 Channel 9 Master 1

I had to give it a hi pass because I didnt dial in too much treble or presence. I recorded this way so that less fizz and fuzz is picked up. Nothing else was done to the guitar tracks except C4.