Tone test with my new strat! (who knew single coils could sound so thick?)

that is very meaningful. i really like the aggressive and growly character of the singlecoil but in a full mix it could be too much but when quadtracking recording one set with humbucker and the other with singlecoil could be great. this really got me to buy a passive pup now to try it again. The emg81 in my horizon sounds totally boring against this :/ but when i had the passive one back then it was pure 'muddyness' :rofl:
Do you ever had an emg81 or maybe a duncan TB-15/Alt 8 in your horizon? I consider to take an Alt 8 instead of the JB..

Quad tracking with one of each per side (so on each side you have one track full humbucker, one track single coil) is the way to go, I think. It's what I'm going to do with my band's EP, I'll let you know how it turns out!

mh ok..doesn't matter^^
i get my splitable passive one next week then i can try it myself :) but now i'm curious to know from which song the second riff is you are playing or is it just a random riff? sounds somehow familiar too me..

The riff sounds pretty nice. Make a song with it if you didn't do it yet.
Not so the passive pup i got now. i don't get it to roar/growl. My picking/playing is probably not tight and powerfull enough to get along with it. i can hide my shitty playing better behind emgs =D In singlecoil mode it sounds interesting but not as good as the ones posted here..maybe i try some other pickups someday.

yes i did but it had not changed the overall character. it wasn't a problem with the amp because your DI was great with it. i got the SH-15 and i tried it also in a different guitar..i will get the sh-4 next time when i learned how to play the metal guitar the cooool way =D