Tone Tester. KsE clips

LosingReality

Oct 6, 2007
Columbus GA
So ive been messing with my recording situation some more.....padding my closet more to kill the hollow sound......still sounds a tad hollow.

What do you think? Not going for the KSE sound at all....just like those riffs.

Btw. Edwards LPC EM81--TS9--ISP--5150(combo head mod)--avatar 4x12 v-30--SM57(almost center)--Profire610--Cubase--SSD3.0(where the F is 3.5?)

http://files.getdropbox.com/u/963137/NEW TEST KSE MAST2.mp3

Settings for ya

TS9 settings
Drive 0
Level Maxed
Tone 11 oclock

5150 (not in oclocks)
Low 8
Mid 4
High 7
Res 8
Pres 6

1 SM57 just off the center of the cone. Very close to dead center actually

Hi and lo pass at 60 and 12500
A 2db bump at 6500

Thats it

Ok. I have pressing questions that MUST be answered.

1. You recorded this amp in a CLOSET? What kind of sound dampening material/padding did you use?

2. "Oh i forgot....its a modded SM57....no trans." Oh yeah...like I forgot this VERY important detail. :-D But seriously...how did you remove the transformer from your SM-57? Is there a tutorial somewhere?

3. What drum software was used?

Oh, and it sounds KILLER by the way. Very rich and beefy. With little crunchies thrown in for texture. :-D

Drums are a bit behind, take that as a compliment because that is how great the guitar sound is.

Yes it's somewhat of a hollow sound, and yes it sounds great having that hollow character, i would not change it one bit.

Damn man that sounds fucking awesome. Great guitar sound, I don't like it that much on its own but in the mix it's killer.

The bass makes it massive too. You got the skillz! :kickass:

Really excellent guitars. I think you nailed a particularly in flames vibe with that lead part, I dont know that tune, maybe its a KSE song too :p Here is a question- what modifaction have you had done to the amp? And how hot is it biased?

Ok. I have pressing questions that MUST be answered.

1. You recorded this amp in a CLOSET? What kind of sound dampening material/padding did you use?

2. "Oh i forgot....its a modded SM57....no trans." Oh yeah...like I forgot this VERY important detail. :-D But seriously...how did you remove the transformer from your SM-57? Is there a tutorial somewhere?

3. What drum software was used?

Oh, and it sounds KILLER by the way. Very rich and beefy. With little crunchies thrown in for texture. :-D

1: Yep the cab is in my closet.....Its padded with clothes hanging in there, i bought a matterss padd that is on the wall (doesnt do much though) Then i put 2 blankets over the cab right now. I am going to be buying the Ultra Touch insulation soon and padd the whole closet out to try and kill the hollow sound some more.

2. To remove the trans, you take the head off, cut the wires.....boil the body for about 10 min, the glue comes loose, remove the trans and re wire. Its pretty simple.

3. SSD3.0

thanks for all the comments guys, im still not as happy with it as i should be, still sounds hollow to my ears. Hopefully the ultratouch insulation im gonna buy will do the trick.