tone & woods in guitars

Pot

Mar 31, 2006
Portugal
Hi there.
I have a question about the woods used in guitars.The thing is i´ve been G.A.S.ing on a 7 string schecter. I know various people here have given very good positive feedback on the C1-Hellraiser. So, i´ve been looking at the C7 Hellraiser and the jeff loomis sig model.
My question is : how´s the tone on a NECK/FINGERBOARD Maple/Maple vs the tone on the C1-Hellraiser which is 3-pc. Mahogany/ Rosewood.
what are the diferences tonewise, which is apropriate for what, U know:).
Enlighten me:headbang:

Hi!

Others may chime in on Schecter specifics, but in short, maple is brighter and has more attack. Rosewood is darker, mellower, "softer".
That's the basics that I've been told. Someone correct me if I'm mistaken :)

Symbolic, that'd be awesome man. I've been longing to hear the difference between the two for ages.

For what it's worth, I've got the vanilla Hellraiser C7 and I'm in love. Fat, full, rich tone.

Hey SimbolicSv, thanks man!:kickass:
It would be great for me and our other fellows here in the forum to her some samples of both guitars.
Do it if can, we´re all waiting.......:headbang:
It´will be great for me to help me decide on which one to get!
Until now i´m more inclined for the C-7, but i´ll be waiting for u to post some samples...and maybe i will change my mind (or not).
Thanks again for doing this:worship:

Hey sorry for the deley guys, my guitar is on repair right now (calibration) so the samples will take a little while, but the good news is that i'll put a blackjack sample too, so in the end it will be a Jeff loomisVs Hellraiser Vs Blackjack sample pack

Ok guys i have the samples, couldn't include the blackjack 'cause i get a problem on it, anyways heres is the link Hellraiser Vs Jeff loomis

http://www.yousendit.com/download/elNKckhVMVhsamMwTVE9PQ

it's short but you can hear the diference, also include the DI tracks in case someone wants to reamp with a better rig.

The chain was: 5150 Combo (stocks speakers) > Sm 57>>Alesis Studio 32 console >>> Hercules FW16/12

The tones aren't Great but usable for the purpose
Cheers :headbang:

PS: if someone could upload the clip into the sneap forum FTP will be Cool.

To be honest it's a choice of preference. I have a custom made ESP with an all maple neck and when i compare it to my Ibanez (which has a low end mohagany fretboard, because Ibanez think they can get away with certain things..) it sounds so much more full and rich. On a clean setting, or a dirty setting. Also,depends on your pickups.

I´m inclined for the jeff loomis model, but i really dont want a floating trem.
maybe i´m going to get the hellraiser:Smug:

It's all on you, papa!

The floating trem can come in handy, a lot of people think that just because you have a tremolo you can't drop your tuning. That's not true, just get an EVH D-tunah.

And besides, the hellraiser is going to be easier to change strings, set-up, intoation, blah blah blah. I love tremolos, but they're such a pain in the ass to change strings.