TonePort UX8 extreme hum on outputs for re-amping.

hkollner

Oct 5, 2008
Hi Guys,

I have posted on the Line 6 forum as well. Maybe someone here has experienced this before.

I tried to re-amp using a real amp and my tone port UX8 with no success. All outputs from 3 to 8 (1 and 2 is for my monitors) produces extreme hum or "SHHHHHHHHHHHH" sound when plugging it into my Real guitar amp. I do not even have to send a signal through the output to produce this noise. As soon as the jack is connected the extreme "SHHHHH" starts.

I have tried isolating the problem and found it must be the TonePort itself.

I done the following tests:

1) To eliminate the cable I plugged my guitar into the cable that goes to the amp - NO NOISE.
I immediately unplugged my guitar and plugged it into the TonePort - NOISE

2) I have switched off everything else e.g. Computer, Monitors. Only my tone TonePort was on. SAME NOISE.

Does anyone have ANY other suggestions? I am at the point of getting rid of the TonePort.
Another user experienced the exact same problem in this thread:
http://line6.com/supportarchivenew/thread/91525/

Thanks in Advance.

TonePort is a turd but you realise you need a Reamping box of some sort? You can't just send line level outputs into an instrument input and expect good results...

TonePort is a turd but you realise you need a Reamping box of some sort? You can't just send line level outputs into an instrument input and expect good results...

I realise that :)

But for now I have to live with it.
I know that I need a re-amp box but it's pointless getting one if I can't re-amp in the first place.

I am almost 100% sure that even with a re-amp box the extreme hum or hiss will still be there. Or would the re-amp box take it away?

Thanks,