too much vst's in cubase = problems

Calippo Tecks

Feb 6, 2005
Belgium
Hey
I use alot of vst's in cubase and have to split up into more cubase projects for one song.
For example I mostly use 3 'projects' for one song:
- orchestra & synths
- drums
- mixdown of drums + mixdown of orchestra & synths + recorded bass+guitars

I can live with that but my biggest problem right now is I wish to use parts of the ezdrummer kit with parts of DFH kit and when I use them in one 'project' the sound stops after a minute of playing from one of the two vst's. Sometimes they even stop both. I do have more then enough ram so that's not the problem. I use my onboard audio card or my M-audio fasttrack for audio output if that makes sense... :erk:

Hey you tried freezing the drums and other stuff in cubase?

Thats what i do....when my CPU starts getting high i freeze somthing im done with....kills the CPU meter alot.

There's a lot of bugs related to VST-instruments when Cubase starts to reach 1.5 GB memory usage. It's not CPU related, because it happens even when the CPU usage is just 25 %. Sometimes Cubase goes so messed up that when you freeze the VST-instrument, it CRASHES Cubase every time at the same point. Most often when the part has a lot of automation happening.

I tried the freezing on one of the EZdrummer sessions and now it works fine. I just have to freeze one of the two and then it works flawless. Thanks!