cubase audio dropout problems

Your cpu & RAM are great, so its not that. I was freaked out last year, as i was using an old riva TNT GFX card, i swapped it at Christmas for a geforce and my pops and clicks went ( when i used to use the scroll bars on the side of the screen it was using like 100% cpu). You're not running an ancient gfx card by any chance?

nah, i got a geforce 7900. i doubt that would be causing it

correct me if im wrong but since the dropouts are there during a mixdown, does that mean it has nothing to do with my audio drivers since the mixdown is just my computer adding all the waves together to produce one file?

my only hunch so far is maybe something to do with harddrive data transfer from my main drive or something. but htat wouldnt really make sense either since its sata and faster than my previous computer that used ata

ugh... someone shoot me

i figured it out!!!!

its voxengo plugins, any channel i had a voxengo plugin on would randomly drop out, and i had one on the master bus, which cuased the all at once dropouts, which explains everything

maybe theres some sort of voxengo and core2duo issue?

GOD this is such a relief

i figured it out!!!!

its voxengo plugins, any channel i had a voxengo plugin on would randomly drop out, and i had one on the master bus, which cuased the all at once dropouts, which explains everything

maybe theres some sort of voxengo and core2duo issue?

GOD this is such a relief

Be sure to report this to Aleksey !