Scarlett 8i6 and Cubase 6 problems

0 Xero 0

New Metal Member
Dec 27, 2010
I just got a scarlett 8i6 and cubase 6 the other day and I've been trying to set it up. I'm trying to use vst amp sims with my guitar plugged into the analog 3 input via a trs jack on the back of the interface. I can hear the instrument through scarlett mixcontrol, but when I got into cubase, it says that the line 3 input I'm using is inactive. So when I try to add a new audio track and select what I presume should be the line 3. The same thing happens when I try to plug into line 4. Does anyone know how to solve this? Sorry if this is simple or a stupid question. I'm new to cubase and interfaces.

I fixed the problem. I deleted all of the stock input and output buses like the video focusrite made suggests. It worked for a while then nothing worked. Even the mic input, which was working fine before wasn't sending a signal / cubase wasn't receiving a signal. Scarlett mixcontrol shows that I'm receiving input from all the buses I've used, but cubase isn't cooperating. I thought this would be an easy program to use, but it's proving to be a headache so far.