TOOL live

I saw them last year at the Roskilde Festival. We discussed this a while back at the Opeth forum. I must admit that it was a bit crappy! It might have fitted the music and shit, but I felt kind of ripped off by just looking at video for one and a half hour. I wasn't really able to see the band, except in the beginning where it hadn't got dark yet. When I could see 'em I just saw the guitar player standing in the same place the entire concert. The lead singer just stood up back in his underpants, also more or less the same place the entire concert.
If you're a major Tool fan this might be great, but as I said I felt kind of ripped-off. It seemed like they tried to be weird, but it didn't work for me! To me they fell flat on their faces trying to be weird, but ended up being kind of corny instead! It didn't help them getting mystical that the lead singer came onto the stage at Deftones dressed in baggy pants, sun glasses & a beanie like some fake-ass hip hop-wannabe nerd!

see i got lucky i had a hook up at the key arena in seattle and i got a suiet nice comfatable chairs my own waiter all the beer i could drink delivered to me on a tray my own bathroom and i got the tickets for free personally i thought they kinda dragged the concert out a bit long and overall it was a great concert and the opening bad was bad ass i think they were calle meshugaa (sp?) i would do it it again and about the dudes in the rafters i dont think i seen them i had a good buzz going about 30 minutes into the show

I saw Tool for the first time (and possibly only time if they don't do another US tour after the current one) last year and they were just amazing. I loved the whole funky visuals deal. Ok, granted, it got kinda boring sometimes just standing around and doing nothing except for staring at a screen and at almost statuesque people on stage, but hell..it made for an interesting experience.

I saw TOOL live this July and they really got into it. Maynard was stomping around and singing, and he started spinning and Adam and Justin were walking around the stage some and Danny Carey...he's the most insane guy I've ever seen play drums.

I just saw Tool last night in Phoenix, and they put on a great show. I thought the videos were great shit, but woulda been a lot better on shrooms or somethin. Some of the parts between songs got a little repetitious as well, but overall a great show/production. I thought that was really cool when Meshuggah joined them on stage and had a great instrumental jam! Both bands are amazing musicians

I saw them on the last 2 tours, August 26th and October 20th. Both shows were amazing as always, cept the venue that I went to on the 20th of October was shitty, you couldn't smoke(weed or cigarettes), they didn't serve alcohol, and main floor was fucking chairs lined up in rows. But I had a great time.

I've seen them three times. Godlike every single time! The last show I saw in September was the best though, they are an excellent live band. I have been to hundreds of shows and would have to say they are probably the best I've seen.

Seen them I think 6 times, greatest live band around.
It didn't help them getting mystical that the lead singer came onto the stage at Deftones dressed in baggy pants, sun glasses & a beanie like some fake-ass hip hop-wannabe nerd!
Maynard is a rather humorous guy, much of what Tool says and does is a joke. The music is pretty serious though.

Their concert might have kicked a little more ass if maynard could have possibly faced the audience for a second or two. Instead he made egotistical prickish comments during songs and remained with his back to the audience the entire time. He can fuck himself.

Originally posted by Soilent Goat
Their concert might have kicked a little more ass if maynard could have possibly faced the audience for a second or two. Instead he made egotistical prickish comments during songs and remained with his back to the audience the entire time. He can fuck himself.
Do you know why he faces away from the audience? Apparently not. When A Perfect Circle came into popularity, a fervid "Maynard fever" struck many fans. They weren't there to see Tool or APC, they were there to see Maynard. Well, he got tired of that, he's not a solo artist, he's a band member. So now he faces away from the audience and toward the back of the stage instead of showboating and being centerstage. He would rather the crowd be focused on the band than on him.

Next time why don't you do some research before you spout off about how and who can go fuck themselves? You might save from looking like a moron! :D

Originally posted by NAD
Do you know why he faces away from the audience? Apparently not. When A Perfect Circle came into popularity, a fervid "Maynard fever" struck many fans. They weren't there to see Tool or APC, they were there to see Maynard. Well, he got tired of that, he's not a solo artist, he's a band member. So now he faces away from the audience and toward the back of the stage instead of showboating and being centerstage. He would rather the crowd be focused on the band than on him.

Next time why don't you do some research before you spout off about how and who can go fuck themselves? You might save from looking like a moron! :D

I don't think it could have been said any better.
Some Tool fans don't seem to realize Tool doesn't consist of just Maynard, hes only a quarter of the band.

i saw tool twice, last year they played with cosmic psycos, damn good show, they played all their more popular songs and got alot of crowd reaction and stuff, danny carey has got to be the most incredible drummer iv ever seen, he is seriously fucken amazing.

the second show was more of a tripped out spiritual experience for me, i cant tell you much about the crowd or performance tho coz i was so fucked up lol, my cousin was so overwhelmed (he was on E) that he almost had a heart attack or something but just ended falling over and smacking out on the ground a few times, but anyway, the music was amazing, the visuals were fucken sweet and the melvins (who were on before) rocked too, buzz is a great stage performer
maynard_rcmh.jpg

rcmh_triadee.jpg