TOOL live

I saw tool live twice last year (2002), on July 27 and Novemer 13, both Texas shows. I had sweet seats the first time around, and floor tickets the second time...the floor tix were worth the 3 hours waiting in line.

They were both incredible experiences, aestetichally, technically and spiritually. The setlist was more or less the same in both shows, same goes for the crowd unfortunately.

Anyway, Tomahawk opened for them the first time around. They were fucking awesome; Mike and John joined Tool on Triad which left me in the floor wallowing in my own crapulence.

Meshuggah opened the second time, and they were even better than Tomahawk. Maynard came out in his boxer shorts and played a little jam with the band while drinking a Bud Light.

The Non-comformits oath, also known as the Republican detector (as Maynard said) was classic.

Seeing Danny play live also comfirmed my theory that he's not a normal human being.

Certainly the best concert I've ever been to (nevermind the fact that it was also the second concert I've ever been to) by my favorite band around.

They even told us to jack off into oblivion!

Originally posted by Under A Dying Sun
Danny Carey...he's the most insane guy I've ever seen play drums.
I can only recommend you to check out Dennis Chambers, as he's without a doubt the best drummer I've ever seen or heard!! I saw him playing live with Mike Stern and he totally blew me away!!!
As for Danny Carey, a lot of people say he's the greatest drummer in the world and shit. As a drummer myself I don't think he deserves that spot. The stuff I've heard by him was alright, but I think I could play that too. It might not have been something I would have come up with myself though. I've heard Dennis Chambers playing stuff that I don't think is humanly possible!!!