Toontrack Metal Machine (new EZX)

Is there any way to just get the samples for replacement using other programs, or is it in the works? I have no clue about Toontrack products, and no desire to learn, really. But I'd be more interested to know if I could get the samples to use with actual drum tracks.

You can always print them in different velocities, just like when a real drummer hit drums in RL drum sampling, and then use a trigger vst to load them on a track.

can you select a specific snare sample to program one part of the song and other samples for other parts, but all of those samples coming from the same snare (keeping the max velocity) ?
I ask this because I dont want random hits all over the place, but certain hits for chorus and certain hits for fast stuff i think its more controlled that way, and I still dont know how to do it in MF

You can always print them in different velocities, just like when a real drummer hit drums in RL drum sampling, and then use a trigger vst to load them on a track.

Right, but I'd still be in for the price of at least EZdrummer as well as the metal machine expansion...And then have to cut up printed tracks into samples (yeah, lazy, lol)

I was hoping for a more economical way of getting just the samples. I didn't know if somewhere in the expansion pack they were stored as wavs...Like I said, I know nothing about Toontrack products.

No, they don't do that anymore. Not since the original Superior. Unfortunately, Toontrack is geared toward supporting only their proprietary sampler so the only way is to buy EZD and MM.

Anyone have MM and SSD EX (or Plat, I suppose) that could do a comparison clip real quick for me using one of my presets in SSD and MM? Debating picking this up, but I can't seem to find much comparisons. I have S2.0, but I still find myself using SSD for writing new songs, and during tracking, because it's much easier to set up for a good sound and uses less CPU. If I dig MM more, I'll definitely pick it up ;)

^ EZDrummer and MM would only use like ~350MB load (pretty low, in my case anyway).

Anyone have MM and SSD EX (or Plat, I suppose) that could do a comparison clip real quick for me using one of my presets in SSD and MM? Debating picking this up, but I can't seem to find much comparisons. I have S2.0, but I still find myself using SSD for writing new songs, and during tracking, because it's much easier to set up for a good sound and uses less CPU. If I dig MM more, I'll definitely pick it up ;)

I have SSD Platinum and MM. If you want, PM me and I'll give you my email to send me your SSD preset and a MIDI to use.