Toontrack Metal Machine (new EZX)

This has no ride on the left side :(. Sounds are sweet tho. But it seems i have to redo most velocities, is a complete difference compared to the avatar kit.

wow these are good! and covers most of the top few snares everyone wants/needs

ie. tama bell brass, sonor bronze (basically the same snare), black beauty, supraphonic

This has no ride on the left side :(. Sounds are sweet tho. But it seems i have to redo most velocities, is a complete difference compared to the avatar kit.

Being an EZX, I believe it has less velocity layers than a full SDX, IIRC. So it makes sense that it may not work with the same range of velocities as possible with the Avatar kit.

"This has no ride on the left side" Both rides have mono close mic tracks. It's only the presets that have them panned right. You can also render a second pass with the overheads and room mics reversed. It's not perfect but in a dense mix might be enough for you?

Pulled the trigger on this, The Dunnett snare, and Sonar snare have so much crack its awesome. Love the Ludwig steel kit, the toms sound huge!!! Cant wait to use some of these samples on my next recording.

Have you added some more processing to that clip Agonal? Snare sounds hugely compressed! Kinda like the snare compression on Periphery.

yeah, i added compression to the snare only because it wasn't cutting. i probably shouldn't have done that but it seemed like a good idea at the time lol.

hahahah, fucking LOL at that snare, now it cuts like a needle :lol:
no offense

it honestly doesn't sound much different with the compression off i only compressed it lightly...the samples have a lot of compression on them already. i used the ludwig snare and that is just how it sounds. I actually wouldn't use any of the drums on an actual mix except the toms, i like those a lot.