top 10 albums of the past decade?

GottlichKrieger

The Doombringer
Feb 20, 2011
There's no doubt that people who come check out this forum have a great taste in music so i was just curious as to what you guys would say are your top 10 albums of the past decade?

Alright here is my top 10 in no particular order and no band with multiple albums:
t
Fiction-Dark Tranquillity---> This is just a great album from start to finish. Even tho punish my heaven isnt on this album dosnt mean it sucks. Stand out songs for me "Icipher" and "The mundane and the magic"

-With Oden on our side-Amon Amarth---> From the first song, this album just hits hard and continues through out till the end. Songs: "Gods of war arise" and the title track.

Turning Season Within-Draconian---> This album is very solid and its a relaxing listen and it has a lot of heavy epicness and soft passages. Plus our own Paul is on this album so :)

-Viva Emptiness -Katatonia---> I guess the best way to describe this album is GO BUY IT! oh and "Evidence" is an amazing song

BlackWaterPark- Opeth---> The first 3 songs make this album amazing and the rest is just cherrys on top. "bleak" and "Harvest"

-Into Night's Requiem Infernal-Novembers Doom---> To me this album was just what my ears wanted to hear since the day i was born. Fav songs on it "Eulogy for the living lost", Empathy's Greed" and "I hurt those i adore"

Prevail- Kataklysm---> From Montreal Canada, some good straight to the point METAL. "The vultures are watching" and "blood in heaven" really stand out and our some heavy pieces of candy.

-Doomsday Machine- Arch Enemy---> The best guitar duo ever! And the only Death metal singer hotter the Paul. Listen to "Taking back my soul"

Leave a whisper- Shinedown---> This is just a good rock band with a great singer. The acoustic version of "45" is amazing.

-Some kind of trouble- James blunt---> Does this pick stand out? I'm comfortable enough to admit that James Blunt is my guilty pleasure. "Heart of gold" really stands out for me cuz i also have a heart of gold :)

so what did we learn? Sweden wins!

I really like James Blunt. His voice and style remind me of early Robin Gibb, whom I also am not afraid to say I'm a fan of.

I actually had thought of making a thread very similar in topic to this one, so good call on that. Right now I'm dead tired but later when I have my wits about me, I'll try to post my list.

Following the same rules, this is really F-ing hard.

Band - Album
The Bad Plus - Suspicious Activity?

Mar De Grises - The Tatterdemalion Express

Pelican - The Fire in Our Throats Will Beckon the Thaw

Opeth - Damnation

Alcest - Souvenirs d'Un Autre Monde

Warning - Watching from a Distance

Fauna - Rain

Doom: VS - Aeturnum Vale

Kauan - Aava Tuulen Maa

Thou - Summit

i think, to me, it would be something like this (in no order)

Wintersun-S/T
Grimfist-Ten Steps to Hell
Dark Fortress-Seance
Opeth-Ghost Reveries
Zyklon-Aeon
Enslaved-Below the Lights
Borknagar-Quintessence
Iron Maiden-Brave New World
Immortal-Sons of Northern Darkness
Keep of Kalessin-Armada

My top ten albums from 2000 thru 2009, in no particular order-

Amorphis - Am universum
Katatonia - Viva Emptiness
Mastodon - Crack The Skye
Metallica - Death Magnetic
Dax Riggs - We Sing Of Only Blood Or Love
Fiona Apple - Extraordinary Machine
Celtic Frost - Monotheist
The White Stripes - Get Behind Me Satan
Probot - S/T
Woods Of Ypres - Woods IV: The Green Album

I listened to Fiona apple earlier and i liked it, that girls got talent. Its nice to see metal superstars of doom liking apple.

In no order, here's my top 10 ya pricks…

Novembers Doom - The Knowing
Novembers Doom - To Welcome the Fade
Novembers Doom - The Pale Haunt Departure
Novembers Doom - The Novella Reservoir
Novembers Doom - Into Night's Requiem Inferno
Novembers Doom - Aphotic
Novembers Doom - The Knowing (Re-Release)
Novembers Doom - Of Sculptured Ivy and Stone Flowers (Re-Release)
Novembers Doom - Amid it's Hallowed Mirth (Re-Release)
These Are They - Disposing of Betrayers

:lol:

In no order, here's my top 10 ya pricks…

Novembers Doom - The Knowing
Novembers Doom - Aphotic

:lol:

Its a nice list but you need to find a way to put a little Swedish flavoring in there to make it fly.:loco:

Yeah, I've always liked WoY and this last disc floored me too, I've been listening to it regularly since I got it. Looking forward to the East Coast dates so I can see them live again.

I just felt the need to say that i just checked there tour dates and there playing my home town in 10 days! So thanks for posting your list . Destiny wants me to see this band.

Its a nice list but you need to find a way to put a little Swedish flavoring in there to make it fly.:loco:

Novembers Doom - Aphotic
ABBA - Gold, Special Edition

Fine then. I fixed my list.

Novembers Doom - Aphotic
ABBA - Gold, Special Edition

Fine then. I fixed my list.
This actualy made me laugh out loud.
Even ABBA makes a difference. Power to the swedes!

My first post in this forum, so Hello! Have known about Novembers Doom for a few years, first listened to The Pale Haunt Departure, which was great - until The Novella Reservoir was released, fell in love with it.

My top 10 (no order);
Amorphis - Skyforger. Soaring melodies and vocals, killer riffs with a squeaky clean production that still manages to capture a beautiful raw/earthy atmosphere. Very hard to explain, but it's amazing. When the chorus for "Majestic Beast" starts, it's a musical eargasm.
Katatonia - Viva Emptiness. This band changed the way I thought about music and pretty much had me place them at the top of my listening list ... ever since I've heard them. Viva Emptiness for me is my favourite, although many people claim the production lets it down (I haven't really noticed, I quite like it). Love the dreamlike (at times) vocals of Mr Renkse. Great stuff.
Novembers Doom - The Novella Reservoir. This pretty much topped everything they did in TPHD. The clean vocals of Paul are just haunting and beautiful. Can growl like a motherfucker too ;D
Novembre - Blue. I think the first time I listened to this band I pretty much went into a reverie and dreamt of vast landscapes. That pretty much describes Novembre. 'Blue' combined everything in the last few albums and added new elements in a nice neat package.
Scar Symmetry - Pitch Black Progress. The album clicked after the first time hearing it. Christian Älvestam really shines through with combining growling & clean vocals and it doesn't help that i'm a sucker for the Sci-Fi influenced lyrics & sounds.
Aborted - Slaughter & Apparatus: A Methodical Overture. This album to me is just pure melodic/death metal fun...
My Dying Bride - A Line of Deathless Kings. If I'm ever in a truly sad mood, I'll listen to this. Aaron's vocals are just fucking downright depressive. It's like a tidal wave of hopelessness plows through you. Fucking love it.
Karnivool - Sound Awake. An alternative/prog rock/metal album with intelligent lyrics and some seriously talented musicians. Even more amazing that it's from my homeland of Australia. A recent discovery for me, it was a seriously refreshing change from listening to so much metal.
Type O Negative - World Coming Down. Everyone I love is... dead. Fucking love Steele's vocals. Listening to this while it's dark and raining leaves me just empty inside. Amazing. Chilling.
Nightingale - Invisible. I was first introduced to Mr. Swano through Steel long ago, and only made the connection after a few years later when I had discovered Nightingale. A damn good musician whose versatility has stretched to so many projects.