Top 5 Guitarists

Michael Romeo
Shawn Lane (You guys just gotta hear him dueling with Bret Garsed)
John Petrucci
Yngwie Malmsteen
Michael Angelo

I know Malmsteen may not be as fast and tecnichal as thee other ones on this list, but in my opinion he`s the one who started it.

1. YJM - I can't exactly agree that his songwriting is lame, MO, TSS and Fire & Ice were well-written.
2. Satch
3. MJR
4. Ajren A. L.
5. Roland K. Grapow

eeeer....
eat me?

lead -
Marty Friedman
Michael Romeo
Jason Becker
Greg Howe
Kiko Lourriero

rhythm -
Dave Mustaine
Jeff Loomis
Fredrik Thordendal
Michael Romeo
Devin Townsend

note this is all metal, as people like Shawn Lane, Allan Holdsworth, Bret Garsed, Frank Gambale are in a league of their own.

10035047.jpg

Lead (in no real order):
Michael Romeo
Ola Frenning
Jason Becker
Ron Jarzombek
Alex Skolnick

Rhythm (in no real order):
Christofer Malmström
Ares
Vogg
Michael Romeo
Josh Elmore

Who is Christofer Malmström, Ares and Vogg?

And yeah, I know Walter trout. He's a blues player isn't he?

Mr. Shred-ididle said:
Who is Akira Takasaki?

The guitar player from Loudness, a Japanese metal band, somewhat popular in the US in the mid-80's...I think they've always been popular in Japan. They were often referred to as the Japanese Van Halen. They've been around since 80/81 and the original members are back together and still putting out albums in Japan. Find these tunes if you've never heard them, some are sung in Japanese.

In The Mirror
Road Racer
The Lines are Down
SDI
Ashes in The Sky
Get Away
Clockwork Toy
Slaughterhouse
Exploder (guitar solo)
Complication
Black Wall
Speed
Soldier of Fortune

They went through a few line up changes. Mike Vescera (Yngwie's Seventh Sign) sang on their last two American releases (Soldier of Fortune, On The Prowl).

btw - Akira's two instrumental solo releases in the 90's kicked ass!!

Cool, what type of metal is it? Glam, Hair?

And the solo album? It is Neo-classical, prog, shred?

If you saw pics of them back then you'd say HAIR, definitely. LOL. I'd say the Japanese VH is almost the perfect term to descibe them. I think they were a little more metallic sounding than VH. Some stuff showed prog and even thrash influence. Lots of chunky riffs. Actually all the guys in this band were talented.

His solo albums were shred but not in the same tempo as your normal Shrapnel type stuff...

Definitely not the best, but who I like most:

Riff's/songwriting:
Sami Lopakka
Bjorn Dannov
Silenoz
Jean-Francois Dagenais
Jesper Stromblad
Patrik Persson and Stefan Holm (The Forsaken)

Lead's and just plain skill:
Carl August Tidemann
Michael Romeo
John Petrucci
Jeff Loomis

Although I play the guitar, when I get into a band, a MUST is that they have an amazing singer, so therefore I'm not listening to a bunch of guitarists who are incredible, like Mr. Morse. But my top 5 favorites are (in no particular order):

Michael Romeo
John Petrucci
Brian May
Chris DeGarmo
Arjen Lucassen

@ Lord of the Snow

I found something under my user cp reputation saying that this is the siliest question ever. I know its you. Ok, if you dont like it - dont send people reputation downers and dont post on it.!

Reactions: Chris Brooks
Mr. Shred-ididle said:
@ Lord of the Snow

I found something under my user cp reputation saying that this is the siliest question ever. I know its you. Ok, if you dont like it - dont send people reputation downers and dont post on it.!

This is a public forum and I say what I want. If you don't like replies, stop flooding the forum with your silly questions. BTW: That's what the user reputation is meant for!