top 5?

Efterklang i sort of GYBE minus the dramatic crescendo obsession, that is more diverse or whatever. Saw them live which was a treat. Drummer suddenly jumping up to play the trumpet, guitarist taking over drums. 3 of the guys played some 6 or 7 different instruments during the show, at one point there was 3 people hitting the drums etc etc.

Here are 2 dl links:

http://216.70.65.225/Efterklang-Monopolist.mp3

http://www.theleaflabel.com/audio/56.mp3

hmmmmm..

i liked this new minus the bear - menos el oso. think tis their best.

ive been listening to some w.a.s.p. (the first one), def leppard - hysteria, that new venetian snares too.. and some old neurosis albums.. souls at zero and through silver in blood i think.

classics all of em

ah yes....the first WASP album...hellion, i wanna be somebody, sleeping in the fire, L.O.V.E Machine, on your knees

oh to be a teen in the 80s again :yell:

this week i have mostly been listening to early queensryche and early Killing Joke. Some twat in a magazine once claimed that Neverbore sounded like both these bands combined. He probably now works for Circus Monthly because he's a right fucking clown if he thinks thats true

ive just downloaded the first WASP album...first time ive heard it in maybe 15 years...fuckin hell

they should really teach kids this stuff so that they dont start thinking opeth are hiffy muttyl

heavy metal 101 subjects:

topic: attire
tutor: cronos

topic: important albums
tutor: mick wall

topic: life skills
tutor: lemmy

topic: P.E
tutor: mitch hale

etc etc

graduates will recieve a gold lined KROKUS patch

I bought this today near la Sorbonne Paris

dEUS: my sister is my clock
Chokebore:anything near water
Morphine: Yes (I'll sell it very very soon...)
Beck: Mellow Gold
and the last sigur ros

Wasp arent too bad (my mates love wasp, saxon n all that bollocks) although that love machine song is pretty good n I think Id probably do blacky aslong as he promised not to talk.

errr.. this week I have been mostly listening to...

Coheed and Cambria - In keeping secrets of a silent earth 3
Postal Service - Give up
Carcass - Choice cuts
Bruce Springsteen - the essential
Pink Floyd - Wish you were here

and the 3 lads I live with seem to have drum n bass on in the living room constantly so a bit of that. Although I caught one of them listening to craig david the other day when he thought no one was in.