Top Ten Bands No One Seems To Know About.....

Idk. I have been listening to them since they started. Their fame only goes as far as a review in fuckin metal edge while on tour with Lamb Of God.

the fact remains.....9 times out of 10.....u ask someone about Gojira....and they have no clue who you mean

I've heard of 8 of those bands (minus Sybreed and Russian Circles). None of its anything I really care for so I don't actually listen to any of those bands.

I can't really make a list myself because I listen to far too many bands by my own taste, so I really don't know how popular some of the bands I listen to are. I discover most of them on my own....but sometimes for example, I would say a band like Negura Bunget is popular, but perhaps thats only among people who are into black metal. Some people might disagree with that though, so its hard for me to judge something like that.

Idk. I have been listening to them since they started. Their fame only goes as far as a review in fuckin metal edge while on tour with Lamb Of God.

the fact remains.....9 times out of 10.....u ask someone about Gojira....and they have no clue who you mean

you could say the same thing of any underground metal band, fact is fucking pitchforkmedia reviewed them and that makes them not obscure at all

edit: same is true of russian circles, and leng t'che arent really obscure either imo

Hegemon
Negator
Before God
Legion of Darkness
Coram Lethe
Asgaroth
Odium Immortalis
Wrust
Deny the Urge
Inchiuvatu
Sacred Sin
Hexenhammer
Wolfheitan
Fearbringer

and more. yeah, I know that's more than 10. I just mentioned active bands, since the list would be neverending if I listed all the obscure old school dm bands I like that only released one or two albums.

Thornado
Soul Source
Zaraza
Clad in Darkness (well alot of people here know them but other than that, pretty unknown)
Fallen Victim
Whispered
Revenant
Witchmaster
Status Minor
Holosade

For black metal:

Arkhon Infaustus
Crionics
Hellveto
Melechesh
Necromantia
Tartaros
Urfaust
Zargof

umm arkhon infaustus, necromantia, melechesh arent REMOTELY obscure, hellveto, tartaros and urfaust arent that obscure either....probably the other ones arent either but i cant say i've heard of them personally!

Shit man!!! How do you guys get so deep into this?

I mean do you guys really listen to all these bands? or just heard a few songs?

Do you guys constantly read reviews?

...and don't tell me you Buy all these cds and never download.

:kickass: You're all nuts! esp V5 :kickass:

Shit man!!! How do you guys get so deep into this?

I mean do you guys really listen to all these bands? or just heard a few songs?

Do you guys constantly read reviews?

...and don't tell me you Buy all these cds and never download.

:kickass: You're all nuts! esp V5 :kickass:

I think the best way to explore what bands are out there is to download music, full albums rather than a song of two to get an overall impression. And if I like it enough to buy it, then I'll buy it. There isn't really much point in buying albums without knowing what the band sounds like or making a judgment based on a single song or someone else's review. Hence, I listen to a lot of obscure bands.

And with Hellveto, (I sort of brought this point up earlier) I'm sure (he) is 'obscure' to many, but to someone like me, Hellveto isn't so its hard to make a judgment on that.

For black metal:
Arkhon Infaustus

Arkhon Infaustus is quite unknown although they seem to be a motherfucking great band they are rarely mentioned by anyone.

My unknown bands list:
Burn Victim
Cryptophilia
Cumchrist
Blackmass
Grieviance
Naked Whipper
Hjarnidaudi
Necrocannibal