Top ten reasons why Metallica is proud of St. Anger

Tut said:
you can say i'm gay
you can call my mom a big bitch
you can say that i have a weeny dick

but NEVER, NEVER acuse me of listening to metallica! :mad:
ok, :lol::lol:

CassiusCrab said:
I gather from your list that you have not heard the major news. I have been informed by several people on various BBs and forums that Metallica's drummer, Lars Ulrich, is dead. He was taken to hospital after an amp stack collapsed on top of him at rehearsals. The day after he sadly died. Deepest regards, Cassius.
OMG, sure :lol:

Raistlin1980 said:
I've just read this:
"US rock group Limp Bizkit have been named worst band of the year by readers of Guitar World magazine.
Metallica's latest album St Anger was called the biggest disappointment, but was also named the second best metal album behind Black Label Society's The Blessed Hellride.
And Kirk Hammett was voted the best metal guitarist, while Foo Footers' Dave Grohl was named best rock guitarist." (source [url="http://www.encycmet.com/news/2004-01-03.shtml)"][url]http://www.encycmet.com/news/2004-01-03.shtml)[/url][/url]
Rotfl :lol: I understand the first and half of the second statement, but the rest? :guh: Is it a joke or sumtin? Sure The Blessed Hellride is awesome but St. Anger is one big pile of crap. I really want to know who makes those stupid rankings and shit... :lol:

Cassius Crab said:
I gather from your list that you have not heard the major news. I have been informed by several people on various BBs and forums that Metallica's drummer, Lars Ulrich, is dead. He was taken to hospital after an amp stack collapsed on top of him at rehearsals. The day after he sadly died. Deepest regards, Cassius.
SEE?!!? SEE!?!?!
DIDN'T I TELL YOU THERE WAS A GOD?!

:p

From the metallica website

We have some horrible news for our fans around the world. As many of you know, Lars ulrich is our friend and bandmate, but two nights ago, after a horrible freak accident, he is no longer with us. I don't mean that he left the band, I mean that he is dead. An amplifier stack from rehearsal space fell down and crushed his skull like a grapefruit. There was blood every where, I've never seen anything like it. Talk about heavy metal. But hopefully through this terrible tragedy, we can carry on and find a replacement. We will never get over this loss, and we send our condolences to his family. Now I know what Spinal Tap felt like.
:p

i like the part at the end where he says

"Now I know what Spinal Tap felt like."

and the part that goes
"An amplifier stack from rehearsal space fell down and crushed his skull like a grapefruit. There was blood every where, I've never seen anything like it. Talk about heavy metal."

I done that with some red metal foldup chair I have :lol:.
They don't use it anymore though live :( I liked the sound of it in some songs, it was.................... different.

Ensomt hjerte said:
ok the first thing i did, when i heard that St. Anger shit - i went to my kitchen, got a Pot and a cook spoon... believe me, if u smash the spoon on the pot, it will make the same sound as Lars´s Snare drum does !!! :D
:lol: i didn't even have to try that :lol:

My theory is that they fired up the roadies, so they didn't know how to tune the instruments! :lol:

@s-a: dude, that "st anger tribute" song was made using the same method :lol:

Seraphim said:
^ for some reason I can believe that.
Believe what? The red chair or the live thing.
the red chair thing makes the same sound as a frying pan.
The live part I was talking about doesn't use the "dong" anymore, they took it away, any show I've downloaded (including seeing them in Dublin) they didn't use it... apart from one, the one that was aired on mtv, but I can't remember the name of it :erk:

Ok, i've got a plan.
Somebody has to kidnap Lars. Another one will make James drunk (I suggest Vodka). Then, we'll convince him to record an album in the old way. Kirk, who doesn't have much personality, and the newbie will do whatever James says. Now, we just need a drummer. The album will be called "metal up lars' ass"

lars is dead dont you know

We have some horrible news for our fans around the world. As many of you know, Lars ulrich is our friend and bandmate, but two nights ago, after a horrible freak accident, he is no longer with us. I don't mean that he left the band, I mean that he is dead. An amplifier stack from rehearsal space fell down and crushed his skull like a grapefruit. There was blood every where, I've never seen anything like it. Talk about heavy metal. But hopefully through this terrible tragedy, we can carry on and find a replacement. We will never get over this loss, and we send our condolences to his family. Now I know what Spinal Tap felt like.
:loco: :Spin: o_O ;)