Top whatever instrumental tracks

Dream Theater - Ytse Jam
Katatonia - Dancing December
Metallica - Orion & To Live Is To Die

those came to my mind first

There's been a lot of great ones posted.

Mogwai - Christmas Steps
Tool - Triad / Merkaba
NIN - All on The Fragile
Porcupine Tree - Moonloop / Is Not...

What's with everyone having to be in an indie rock instrumental band these days? I can't tell one from the other.. Ether the kids are riding that or the slug metal Black Sabbath rip off train.

I blame Isis getting big I suppose for the instrumental bands who think they're prog for some reason or another. Then came Explosions in the Sky, and This Will Destroy You or whatever then insert same uninspired sounding name here, and on, and on. I don't know which came first, but they all sound alike to me... enough already. Get a vocalist, sell your fender twin reverb, and your million delay pedals, and go make yourself a cup of joe, and wake the fuck up already you lethargic fucks.

If you heard Mogwai you heard them all.

end rant/

P.S. No offense to this wavesinthesky band or whatever. They're not bad considering.

Not bad, I had to check out the entire album. See how I enjoy the rest.

What's with everyone having to be in an indie rock instrumental band these days? I can't tell one from the other.. Ether the kids are riding this or the slug metal Black Sabbath rip off train.

I blame Isis getting big I suppose. Then came Explosions in the Sky, and This Will Destroy You or whatever then insert same uninspired sounding name here, and on, and on. I don't know which came first, but they all sound alike to me... enough already. Get a vocalist, sell your fender twin reverb, and your million delay pedals, and go make yourself a cup of joe, and wake the fuck up already you lethargic fucks.

end rant/

P.S. No offense to this wavesinthesky band or whatever. They're not bad considering.

I have not heard any of the bands you referred to in this post. Are any of them worth checking out? I think you edited your original post because you mentioned the band Isis and I have heard of them.

Worth checking out? Did you not read the rest of the post? :lol:

"If you heard Mogwai you heard them all."

What's with everyone having to be in an indie rock instrumental band these days? I can't tell one from the other.. Ether the kids are riding that or the slug metal Black Sabbath rip off train.

I blame Isis getting big I suppose for the instrumental bands who think they're prog for some reason or another. Then came Explosions in the Sky, and This Will Destroy You or whatever then insert same uninspired sounding name here, and on, and on. I don't know which came first, but they all sound alike to me... enough already. Get a vocalist, sell your fender twin reverb, and your million delay pedals, and go make yourself a cup of joe, and wake the fuck up already you lethargic fucks.

end rant/

Well Explosions in the Sky bore the shit out of me. but i love Isis and Mogwai and they don't sound even remotely the same.

If you really want to be overly analytical all those bands either sound really Mogwaish, or even more stripped down indie bs Explosions type bore, and then some of them just want to be sluggy Isis. I don't get the big deal about Isis in the slightest, but maybe that's just me.

If you really want to be overly analytical all those bands either sound really Mogwaish, or even more stripped down indie bs Explosions type bore, and then some of them just want to be sluggy Isis. I don't get the big deal about Isis in the slightest, but maybe that's just me.

yeah i can understand you view on Isis to a degree. there latest album does nothing for me and the earlier albums are pretty boring. if it wasn't for Panopticon being one of the greatest albums ever conceived then i wouldn't like them the way i do.

Tool - Triad
Tool - Eon Blue Apocalypse
The Mars Volta - Tira Me A Las Aranas
Porcupine Tree - Wedding Nails
Porcupine Tree - Tinto Brass
Katatonia - Inside The City of Glass (duh!)
Isis - Altered Course
Opeth - For Absent Friends
Opeth - Ending Credits