Tornadic storm damage in Atlanta 3/14

Here's a cool photo of the tornado.

big_MG_6751.jpg

If I have my bearings right, it looks like it was taken from near the Cabbagetown area, just before it got hit.

--Mike

Nope, that's the NationsBank Tower (North Ave. by I-75) to the left...and downtown is in the middle. I was thinking it was taken from the northwest of city center...and I was right. According to the photographer, it was taken from Howell Mill Road.

Tabernacle Update

There will be an announcement on Monday regarding the upcoming shows at the Tabernacle being moved. I'd lay pretty good odds that some will be moved to the Masquerade Music Park.

Nope, that's the NationsBank Tower (North Ave. by I-75) to the left...and downtown is in the middle. I was thinking it was taken from the northwest of city center...and I was right. According to the photographer, it was taken from Howell Mill Road.

Ah, so I had it backwards. Thanks for the clarification. :)

--Mike

Tabernacle Update

There will be an announcement on Monday regarding the upcoming shows at the Tabernacle being moved. I'd lay pretty good odds that some will be moved to the Masquerade Music Park.

That's what I was thinking, too.

The AJC this morning said that it will be back open in May though, so it's not too long of a wait.

I was thinking it was from due north, as it looked to be at about a 45 degree angle from the path of I 85. I guess it's more like 90 degrees.

I was thinking it was from due north, as it looked to be at about a 45 degree angle from the path of I 85. I guess it's more like 90 degrees.

Well, Howell Mill Road is fairly long, so it could actually be from either angle. (I.e., from WNW through NNW.) I'll have to drive along Howell Mill the next time I go downtown and check it out m'self.

In a funny "it's a small world" moment: The nurse assisting on my jaw surgery on Friday told me her fiance had taken a picture of the tornado that was circulating on all the media outlets--and that he was making an appearance on Good Morning America that morning. When she asked if I had seen it, I lied and said yes...only to see it posted here after my head cleared from the anesthesia. :zombie:

(and yes, they live on Howell Mill.) :lol:

In a funny "it's a small world" moment: The nurse assisting on my jaw surgery on Friday told me her fiance had taken a picture of the tornado that was circulating on all the media outlets--and that he was making an appearance on Good Morning America that morning. When she asked if I had seen it, I lied and said yes...only to see it posted here after my head cleared from the anesthesia. :zombie:

(and yes, they live on Howell Mill.) :lol:

Cool, I hope they get some money for it....he deserves it for that pic. I know Neal Boortz has been pushing the image and print-sales on his radio show. :)

Cool, I hope they get some money for it....he deserves it for that pic. I know Neal Boortz has been pushing the image and print-sales on his radio show. :)

Evidently, he's a professional photographer, so I would guess he's all over the monetary aspect...plus she seemed very happy that morning. That leads me to think the pic has been a nice little bonus for them.

:Smokin: