torrent site suggestions

Farcanal said:
best site is www.dimeadozen.org for concert audio / dvd downloads

limited to 100000 members though, so you need to check all the time for registration vacancies

If memory serves me right, they already have one torrent of Anthrax from this tour - I believe it was the Glasgow show. Dimeadozen has been having some legal challenges, though - Universal has gotten their undies in a bunch due to some live U2 postings from this tour, despite the band's apparent willingness to allow tapers. Go figure.

ahh cool,torrent spy seems cool until i get dimeadozen,1 question how do i know what files people are taking from me,it doesnt give u any options about shared folder

thanks

I've never used torrent spy - but in general with torrents you don't provide global access to a shared folder

When you download a torrent you will be sharing those files with other people at the same time - then when you have the whole torrent you keep sharing those files until you jump off the torrent.

mrthrax said:
ahh cool,torrent spy seems cool until i get dimeadozen,1 question how do i know what files people are taking from me,it doesnt give u any options about shared folder

thanks

thraxx said:

Is it me, or does Novatina seem like they change their name every few weeks? I have them in my IE Favorites as "VIP-Torrents".

There's also www.thepiratebay.net, but they've been having problems with Trojan horse programs on some of their torrents of late, including a few nasty versions. I almost got hit by one, which was enough to scare me away from that site for a while - but not before I got the "Coffin" box set from the Misfits.

bt.etree.org is another site, but they only list taper frinedly bands. The Thrax show on Dime was Sydney, quality is a C+ on the show, sounds like it was recorded under a pillow. I also have both nights of Chicago on audio. Looking for any other reunion shows if anyone has them.

ukj69 said:
bt.etree.org is another site, but they only list taper frinedly bands. The Thrax show on Dime was Sydney, quality is a C+ on the show, sounds like it was recorded under a pillow. I also have both nights of Chicago on audio. Looking for any other reunion shows if anyone has them.

bt.etree is good - another good taper-friendly site is:

http://www.archive.org/audio/etreelisting-browse.php

I didn't really scan their list too deeply prior to posting this, but I know I didn't see Anthrax listed there. I don't know how much metal is there, but if you have varied musical taste, it's a great source.

Also don't forget www.furthurnet.org - if I have the address wrong, someone please correct me. That one is a dedicated program - almost like a legal KaZaA for live shows.