Chicago 5/28 audience recording / torrent

nythraxfan

Feb 10, 2002
upstate new york
Visit site
On 6/1 I downloaded an excellent quality audience recording of the 5/28 Chicago show from Dimeadozen.org , which is a free non-profit torrent site for unofficial / unreleased recordings only. Me and about 300 other fans downloaded it before about 24 hours later, on another torrent site which currently has for free download another excellent audience recording of Irvine, Ca 5/31, someone posted that the Chicago audio was removed from Dime. The info on Dime lists -

"Unfortunately, the Double Door show has been removed from Dime...

------------------------------------

A torrent has been banned from DIME.

Torrent: 199136
Title: ANTHRAX May 28, 2008 Double Door Chicago,Il. (1st show w/new singer) nice
aud
Uploaded by: marksound
Banned by: DIME Administrator

Reason
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Upon request of Scott Ian.

Take care!

dimeadozen.org"

Now, if this is true and Scott really asked to have it removed (I'm assuming it wasn't a Scott imposter), then I have to wonder why? Is it because 3 new songs are on the recording? If so, and you don't want "the world" to hear them, then why were they played live? Did you want only fans in Chicago to hear them in person? What about your other fans in CA, NY, other countries, etc, do you not want them to hear the new songs too?
In this day and age, any band should recognize the fact that if you play something live, even only once, odds are that it will be online for others to hear. When I heard the 30 second demo sample of Fight 'Em 'Till You Can't on the home page weeks ago, my opinion was so-so, and I saw lots of people posting online that they didn't like it. Personally I think that's only because of the rough demo quality mixed with the shortness of the clip, it just didn't sit well with a lot of people. Well, after a few listens live of the full song from the Chicago audio, now I really like the song a lot....and I saw other people posting online mostly favorable reactions to both Dan's vocals as well as the 3 new songs.
In my opinion, the Chicago audio is merely working in the band's favor and I think it's a mistake to try and have it erased from existence. I honestly think it will do good, not harm, for Scott (again, if it was him) to e-mail dimeadozen again and lift the ban on the audio.
Additionally, whether Scott is in favor of the audio or not, on the other torrent site which currently has the 5/31 audio seeding, other people posted for where else besides Dime they could get the Chicago audio, and people replied saying to PM them for links.
Again, the Chicago audio on Dime had about 300 downloads before it was pulled, so the fact is that there are hundreds of people out there who will torrent it on countless sites on the net if they want to. To try and police the entire internet to try to stop it from spreading further is an unrealistic task. That isn't meant to come off as some sort of "too bad, there's nothing you can do" line, rather, I'm just meaning that myself as a fan of many years, I really dug the audio and it has me genuinely excited for the next record with Dan, and I wish that you could just embrace the Chicago audio as a form of free internet marketing tool for both your new singer and new material. Anyone who reads what I just said, please feel free to reply with your opinion. For any other fans on this board, I'm requesting that you don't ask me, or PM me, if you can get the Chicago audio from me. While I don't agree with the logic of Scott's ban on the audio, at the same time, I respect him as someone in a band who for reasons of his own at this point, doesn't want people hearing it, so therefore I'm not going to make copies of the recording available to anyone.

On 6/1 I downloaded an excellent quality audience recording of the 5/28 Chicago show from Dimeadozen.org , which is a free non-profit torrent site for unofficial / unreleased recordings only. Me and about 300 other fans downloaded it before about 24 hours later, on another torrent site which currently has for free download another excellent audience recording of Irvine, Ca 5/31, someone posted that the Chicago audio was removed from Dime. The info on Dime lists -

"Unfortunately, the Double Door show has been removed from Dime...

------------------------------------

A torrent has been banned from DIME.

Torrent: 199136
Title: ANTHRAX May 28, 2008 Double Door Chicago,Il. (1st show w/new singer) nice
aud
Uploaded by: marksound
Banned by: DIME Administrator

Reason
Upon request of Scott Ian.

Take care!

dimeadozen.org"

Now, if this is true and Scott really asked to have it removed (I'm assuming it wasn't a Scott imposter), then I have to wonder why? Is it because 3 new songs are on the recording? If so, and you don't want "the world" to hear them, then why were they played live? Did you want only fans in Chicago to hear them in person? What about your other fans in CA, NY, other countries, etc, do you not want them to hear the new songs too?
In this day and age, any band should recognize the fact that if you play something live, even only once, odds are that it will be online for others to hear. When I heard the 30 second demo sample of Fight 'Em 'Till You Can't on the home page weeks ago, my opinion was so-so, and I saw lots of people posting online that they didn't like it. Personally I think that's only because of the rough demo quality mixed with the shortness of the clip, it just didn't sit well with a lot of people. Well, after a few listens live of the full song from the Chicago audio, now I really like the song a lot....and I saw other people posting online mostly favorable reactions to both Dan's vocals as well as the 3 new songs.
In my opinion, the Chicago audio is merely working in the band's favor and I think it's a mistake to try and have it erased from existence. I honestly think it will do good, not harm, for Scott (again, if it was him) to e-mail dimeadozen again and lift the ban on the audio.
Additionally, whether Scott is in favor of the audio or not, on the other torrent site which currently has the 5/31 audio seeding, other people posted for where else besides Dime they could get the Chicago audio, and people replied saying to PM them for links.
Again, the Chicago audio on Dime had about 300 downloads before it was pulled, so the fact is that there are hundreds of people out there who will torrent it on countless sites on the net if they want to. To try and police the entire internet to try to stop it from spreading further is an unrealistic task. That isn't meant to come off as some sort of "too bad, there's nothing you can do" line, rather, I'm just meaning that myself as a fan of many years, I really dug the audio and it has me genuinely excited for the next record with Dan, and I wish that you could just embrace the Chicago audio as a form of free internet marketing tool for both your new singer and new material. Anyone who reads what I just said, please feel free to reply with your opinion. For any other fans on this board, I'm requesting that you don't ask me, or PM me, if you can get the Chicago audio from me. While I don't agree with the logic of Scott's ban on the audio, at the same time, I respect him as someone in a band who for reasons of his own at this point, doesn't want people hearing it, so therefore I'm not going to make copies of the recording available to anyone.

Ok here is my opinion:
First of all i dont think that it was the "real" Scott Ian who asked forthe removal of the torrent.If thats the case then i can only say that i feel sorry.I feel sorry because this is not fair on Anthrax fans.This is not the eighties nor the ninetees Mr. Ian. Whether you accept it or not the internet is part of our lives.If you dont want people to record gigs BAN them from the venue. If you dont want people to listen to new shit...Dont play them in public. You have to remember...you are not some wedding band...you are FUCKIN ANTHRAX with thousands of fans around the globe. For example, i live in Cyprus, a Greek island...is there a chance of Anthrax ever playing here? FUCK NO.My only alternative solution is the fuckin internet.And to be honest with you i was searching for links of that show because i am a fan for the last 20 years and i want to listen to my favourite band play live (especially when they have a new singer and play new songs).I mean c'mon you would do exactly the same thing for your favourite band. I agree with nythraxfan,it can only do good to the band...this is the perfect marketing tool to promote the new guy and the new Anthrax!!! I still dont believe that Scott Ian asked for the removal of the Torrent. If its a matter of money let me now the price...i will be more than happy to send you the money for the ticket of the gig that i couldnt attend...
Thanks

Anthrax fan club member

PS My congratulations to Scars On Broadway who allowed KROQ to broadcast their full gig on the internet. Their album is going to be released in two months and they did not have any problems in letting the whole world listen to at least 12 new songs off their new UNRELEASED cd. I hope this will be a good example for everyone.

I agree with nythraxfan, this is crap! The show is awesome and everyone should get to hear how awesome Dan sounds with the band. The band was tight. Rob is back. The new guy rocks. I was so happy about everything Anthrax until this happened.

common sense prevails,this bootleg is the best damn advertisement for a new look band,dont stop it lol,alot of people have been talking aBOUT IT,THAT CAN ONLY BE A GOOD THING!!!:headbang:

Well may be Anthrax has a double secret new guitar riff that would be inaudible to our amature ear drums, and they realized that while playing the last two shows!:Smokin: I guess the Drama continues!:puke: I seriously doubt that no one fan of ANTHRAX will not purchase the new Cd because they contain three live songs from the internet! ANTHRAX......let those 3 fuckers breathe the free air damnit! We need ANTHRAX METAL NOW!!:headbang:

Well may be Anthrax has a double secret new guitar riff that would be inaudible to our amature ear drums, and they realized that while playing the last two shows!:Smokin: I guess the Drama continues!:puke: I seriously doubt that no one fan of ANTHRAX will not purchase the new Cd because they contain three live songs from the internet! ANTHRAX......let those 3 fuckers breathe the free air damnit! We need ANTHRAX METAL NOW!!:headbang:

It's back up! Don't worry!