Chicago

AlexStomp

Feb 7, 2002
DC area
Visit site
I don't know what the deal with the two dates in Chicago are all about but the one at the House of Blues is gonna also have Ill Nino on the bill. And if you look at Ill Nino's tour itinerary on Pollstar.com, those string of shows that Ill Nino is doing are all radio station Christmas gigs.

I want to go to the gig in Cleveland but the two dates in Chicago on the same day are intruiging. I'm gonna wait a little longer to see how this all unfolds.

jdelpi said:
They are playing 3 to 4 songs at the House of Blues earlier in the day (morning?) for the radio station.

They are playing a full show at the Metro at night, because the HOB is booked that night.
I hope it's not for Mancow again, he's one of the most annoying fucks on radio today....

Badatta2ud said:
I hope it's not for Mancow again, he's one of the most annoying fucks on radio today....
I used to be a fan of his way back in the day when he was on Rock103.5. Then, when he jumped ship to Queer101 (how he used to refer to Q101 before they offered him $$$), I refused to listen. I remember his ad campaign for his new show on "The Queer"; he kept saying the "suits" over at Rock103.5 were keeping him down and he had to go away from the big "corporate machine". Of course, he always failed to mention in those ads the $3 million+ he was getting to make the move.

remington69 said:
he kept saying the "suits" over at Rock103.5 were keeping him down and he had to go away from the big "corporate machine". Of course, he always failed to mention in those ads the $3 million+ he was getting to make the move.

He went to a clear channel station. Hardly getting away from the corporate machine.

I'm amazed Anthrax is playing in Flint!
Not far from my house, and I'm out in the fucking sticks!
Very cool!

Only bummer, for me, is that it is the day after the Chicago show. Which I was looking forward to going to. Good reason to hook up with JDelpi and Buddy again. ;-)
Fuck it...I'm going to try and do both.

jdelpi said:
He at least has good taste in music. Bill, did you got to the Halloween show they did for him back in 97?
No, I really can't stand the guy, he's a talk radio host that is geared for pre-pubescent teens that believe all the shit that is spewed out of his mouth.

I turn his show on when I know he's going to have Anthrax on it but he's such a fake to them and his audience, he kisses up to any and every band like he's their biggest fan when they're gonna be on his show but it's just as scripted and bullshit as his show.

Also, Q101(his station) does not and has never played Anthrax unless they were his in studio guest, which is his only redeeming quality, but he tells every shit band that will come in his studio that he's their biggest fan,yadayadayada.

Sorry to go off on a rant but Anthrax needs to promote themselves on the stations that will actually play them.

AlexStomp said:
I don't know what the deal with the two dates in Chicago are all about but the one at the House of Blues is gonna also have Ill Nino on the bill. And if you look at Ill Nino's tour itinerary on Pollstar.com, those string of shows that Ill Nino is doing are all radio station Christmas gigs.

I want to go to the gig in Cleveland but the two dates in Chicago on the same day are intruiging. I'm gonna wait a little longer to see how this all unfolds.
When is it? I think it would be cool to go that concert Ill Nino is pretty good. Rob produced the song that is making them popular "What Comes Around".