Total Eclipse:official

I know this will probably put some of you into shock! I'm uploading my guitar track for Total Eclipse. It needs some eq'ing. Let me know if it works out fine. I've done the solo but can't get N-track to copy it properly for me right now :s

Yea.. I'm down for the other guit.
I'll pull both tracks down tonight and give em a listen. I need to get back to recording.

I think we still need a bass player on this one though.

Dudes,

My rhythm track is up. :) It has tons of reverb on it already to match crossy's tone closer. I got really close. MM..you will need to add reverb to the drums in the mix to keep up with us.

There is one thing I am not happy with (gee..whats new)..but I think I can live with it. If you guys point it out, I'll re-record..but if you can't figure it out..we'll go with this.

I noticed that there were some lead breaks scattered through the song. I elected not to do em. Crossy can do em...as he has the solo and the tone should be consistant across them anyway. I hope that is cool Crossy.

btw. How did you record your track? Sounds like you mike'd your live rig.

I listened to a preview mix (as I recorded). It already sounds pretty big and powerful. A bass will take this to the next level. Somebody go beat up one of the bass players to volunteer.

well done lads. Rabs your got your tone to match well with crossy.
Yeah i'll need a bit of verb on my drums. this is coming together nice:)

and no i didnt notice your "part" in question

this does sound very thick..just need some bass...HINT HINT:)

rock on dudes!

Rabs, i'm grabbing your track now. Unfortuantly i'm only on a 33.6k connection :s

As far as the lead stuff goes. I can do the lead break and first solo.. but I was hoping you could do the second solo? I'm not great at working out solo's.. i'm lucky the first solo is as close as it is.. if it is close haha :)

Did you think my sound was ok? I used the pod for recording?

oh just a couple of things I forgot to mention. I'm sure you realised this...

1. The end is suppose to fade out.. I just had it feedback that long so you could do it easily.
2. Did anyone notice the pinch harmonic at the end? haha.. thought I would mention that.. hehe :p
3. I did add some compression to my tracks.
4. I also made one or two tiny mistakes but who cares.. I could sit there all day and not get it perfect :)

That would be all. Rock on guys!! Still getting Rabs track :)

The Lead Break and First Solo are now up on Myplay. Let me know how the Lead fits in and if its any good haha.

I just downloaded Rab's Track. Sounds very nice indeed!! I think I noticed the part that your talking about Rabs. Is it the part after the Sunrise is gone part where is does that change before the main riff kicks back in? It sounds like maybe the wrong note is play. Tell me if im wrong. I'm not worried about it. I don't think its that noticable :)

Dammit Crossy!

You got it! It's not that the wrong note is played..I just played a different one. While playing along, I thought It complimented nicely, but listening back to the recording it does not quite fit right. Oh well.

I did not realize there were two solo's. Heh..Shows how much I acutually listened to the original :cry: I'll listen to it tonight and start to learn it.

Couple of replies for crossy

1. The track I downloaded of yours on myplay had your line cut out rather abrupt at the end. It holds for awhile, but not very long. It will be a short fade. Maybe the file got cut when you uploaded it? You may wanna check.
2. Yea..is that how you manage to emulate feedback? :D
3. Oh
4. There will always be mistakes. I have plenty. :(

Yea..your recording was great. I can't believe its the POD. It sounds like a live rig mike'd. I dunno how you did it. My POD recording sound much more sterile. I did kinda think it was the POD, because I was able to match your tone real quick (you used Brit Hi didn't you? :D ) ..but it sounded so live.....you need to tell me your setup. You are getting better POD recordings.

One thing tough...your track was heavy, heavy on the reverb. It sounds good...but this does not give the mixer much freedom with your track in the mixing/mastering phase.

33.6 connection?!?!?! :eek:

Damn! Rabs or Maidenman.. can you guys check the track I uploaded is 3,955kb? Does it cut off too quick? My track doesn't fade quiet as long as yours Rabs but it goes a second or two past the drums finish.

With my setup i'm using a Soundblaster Audigy. Its made a big difference in the sound. I wasn't getting anything like this with my previous Live. I've got my pod running directly into my Audigy Bay which has a line in 2 plug for guitar leads. I'm pretty sure I used Brit High Gain. Oh also I got my guitar fixed properly and it sounds better now!

As with the reverb I didn't realise I had so much haha. Sorry about that. I won't have that much on other tracks :)

Did you get the solo? Does it sound any good?