Total New Guy Here!

Walter_Langkowski

Neuroses Facilitator
Hello to all as this is my first post on this forum.

I got Modus Viviendi early last year (my 1st TM LP) and thought it was fantastic. Great boderline Savatge-esque guitar parts mixed with Urban Breed's awesome voice. On a side note, I actually got called from my Apartment front office last September to turn down my stereo with a Yamaha receiver because I guess I was pissing off my neighbors. I hate apartments... :yell:

Anyways, I now have gotten MOTD and all I have to say is...HOLY SHIT!!!
I thought MV was good!! Jeeze!! This is music RIGHT up my alley. Great Power Metal with borderline Doom elements ala Solitude Aeturnus on a couple of the latter tracks on the LP. WOW! I am really amazed. This is some great stuff. I am very excited to be seeing them 45 miles south at the Chicago Powerfest in April.

Next will be Undead. Can't wait... :worship:

Welcome to the board. We're always happy to have new people here :)
I promise you won't be disappointed with (by?.. someone help me with preopositions!) neither "Undead" nor the guys live!

I think Undead will pretty much knock you down. Of all of the Urban-era releases, Undead is still my favorite. The song "Order of the Seven Poles" is, in my humle opinion, one of the best metal songs ever recorded.

Scott B said:
I think Undead will pretty much knock you down. Of all of the Urban-era releases, Undead is still my favorite.

I agree as well! It is also my top album from TM... it has sentimental value as well since it was the first album I bought/heard from these guys.

..seriously, all their albums are top notch! :D

\m/
Dustin

Walter_Langkowski said:
Hello to all as this is my first post on this forum.

I got Modus Viviendi early last year (my 1st TM LP) and thought it was fantastic. Great boderline Savatge-esque guitar parts mixed with Urban Breed's awesome voice.

Oh come on Walt. I praised these guys incessantly on different forums you post to. Dude you are slow :loco: Of course I am just picking at you. Welcome to the forum. Glad you are here.

Bryant

Thanks peeps for your replies and hello to everyone else!! :D :headbang:

And Bryant, yes I am slow...I am a victim of the chicago-area public schooling attrocities... :Spin: . And I should listen to your suggestions as from what I've seen we have a lot of similiar shared tastes. Call ME dummy. :loco:

Anyways, as of today (2/17) MOTD is still in my car and I am still loving it. This is some really, really good stuff and I really appreciate this type of Metal. I have been subjected to a lot of stuff that people refer to as "Power Metal", but to me the stuff that people rant and rave about only ends up being lightweight Speed Metal with overt orchestration and too saturated with keyboards. I have absolutely nothing against keyboards as long as they are done correctly, as some of my fave albums have keyboards all over (Rainbow "Rising", anyone? :headbang: ). But to me a lot of these keyboards lighten up the sound too much and make it sound like Opera Metal. I don't like Opera Metal. I like HEAVY METAL. :headbang:

So to sum up, I love what I've heard of TM so far and I'm glad to be absorbing as much as I can as they just rule in my book!

p.s.- My girlfriend pointed out how much Urban Breed sounds like Zach Stevens on a couple of songs. I never even realized this even with some of the Savatage comparisons. To me, the 'Tage similarities moreso came from the guitar riffs and musical compositions. So yeah, as I love Zach's voice, I noticed it as well. I told you I was a bit slow... :Spin:

Walter_Langkowski said:
And Bryant, yes I am slow...I am a victim of the chicago-area public schooling attrocities... :Spin: . And I should listen to your suggestions as from what I've seen we have a lot of similiar shared tastes. Call ME dummy. :loco:

Ok dummy !!! I am a product of the Alabama public school system so that is no excuse. >:p~ In all seriousness, I am far from some damned prophet and since music is all personal opinion, I can't predict what everyone will like. However, Tad Morose just kicked my ass so hard, I had to spread the love everywhere. I haven't had my ass kicked so hard by a band in many years.
Walt, of course I am picking at you, but you do know me at least well enough to know I don't go "hog wild" over my favorite "band of the week." I think you will be blown away by "Modus Vivendi" just like you were by MotD.

Bryant

dargormudshark said:
What about me, atleast you guys went to school with some metalheads, all the kids listen to at my school are Disturbed and Korn and Rap.

Just because we went to school with them doesn't mean they were real in the first place. I think that there are too many followers in general in life, and they all went to High School at one time or another :Spin: I think the lack of fan support in Metal overall in the last ten years is due to too many poseurs who USED to buy Metal now buying Mariah Carey, Amy Grant, Celine Dion, Shania Twain, and the bands you metioned above.

Although truth be told, I actually like Disturbed's 2nd album. Not just because I am representing the local Chicago guys, but it is very Melodic with some good songwriting. Drainman does a lot less monkey yapping on it and actually sings.

Flame me if you must... :Spin:

dargormudshark said:
What about me, atleast you guys went to school with some metalheads, all the kids listen to at my school are Disturbed and Korn and Rap.

Teens were listening to Poison and stuff when I was in school. Not to say the "hair" era was all bad though. Ratt and Bon Jovi were decent. White Lion's former guitarist (though I wasn't crazy about the songs themselves) was a big influence on me.

Bryant