New Guy Here - Was at the San Diego Show

New Metal Member
Apr 7, 2006
Hey all...like the title says...new guy here. Not a new fan to Nevermore, just to these forums. I'm 34, live in San Diego...I'm a freelance artist and I've done some album/cd covers (most notably for the band Journey). Anyway...I'm mostly just a big fan of quality metal...and actually...lots of other genres interest me, too...but mostly metal.

I've only managed to see Nevermore twice, and each time I've been struck by the question "Why the FUCK are these guys opening for ANYONE?". I guess it's the same question as to why my friends from Psychotic Waltz never made it big in the states. I think they were ahead of their time...and I think maybe Nevermore is a little, too. Anyway, I saw them on the Gigantour in San Diego, and it was fuckin great, but short. I think they got like 3 or maybe 4 songs. Then I was at the San Diego show this last Thursday night, and I've gotta say...this one was intensely better. Warrel just seemed more...well...I dunno...he was ON! His voice was fantastic, and it just seemed like he was more THERE. The whole band kicked ass, and within the short 6 songs they had, they managed to play several of my favorites...and I was shocked. I just about fell over when they played "Born"! I never expected to hear Poison Godmachine live, either! The sound was REALLY good! Kudos to the sound man at the show! Anyway, I think the setlist went something like this...but I suck at setlists...

Final Product
I, Voyager
Poison Godmachine
Dead Heart In A Dead World
Born

...and I think Engines Of Hate was in there, too. Like I said, I usually suck at remembering setlists, cause I get so into the energy of a show...and man did they have it! I know Imissed a song, and I think it was EOH.

So anyway....Just wanted to introduce myself, and wait here with the rest of you, for a chance to see them play more than 4-6 songs live at each show. Damnit...again...these guys should fucking headline! Heh...I guess it pisses me off when a really talented band that I love, isn't understood by enough fans.

Oh....and no welcoming me with pics of old guys sucking on each other, damnit! Stop going into your dad's room and pulling out family photos! ;)

Welcome to the NEVERBOARD. Yes, I agree NEVERMORE should not be an opening act anymore. They well deserve better. I have seen them four times and each time they were awesome.

I too am a freelance graphic designer. I have done one band website design and am hoping to do some cover work as well.

42147 said:
I guess it's the same question as to why my friends from Psychotic Waltz never made it big in the states. I think they were ahead of their time...

Norm and Blue Meanie!!!:headbang:

metalkingdom said:
Norm and Blue Meanie!!!:headbang:

Damn straight! I was a fan back when they were called Aslan...that original demo tape is still some of the best music I've ever heard! I brought Norm an autographed drumstick from Deen Castronovo a couple weeks back, and you shoulda seen him...LOL...was like a kid at Christmas. Norm is good peeps!

Thanks everyone, for the warm welcome!

Hey....new banner...heh...

yeah its been 10yrs , i think wd, wants to be more than a metal floyd, like opeth....etc

Glad you were able to see the San Diego show - it was the tightest I have seen them in a long time and 6 songs just isn't enough! The sound at the new HOB here does kick ass - hopefully we get a headlining set someday!

Jody42147 said:
HMM I think we have something in common. Well, welcome to the chaos.:headbang:

Hmmm....perhaps it'd be best if I changed my nick. Any suggestions out there?

He needs a welcoming fit for the new guy. I present...

Oh screw it. Meatloaf is good enough.

Meat_loaf.jpg

Random Beard said:
He needs a welcoming fit for the new guy. I present...

Oh screw it. Meatloaf is good enough.

Meat_loaf.jpg

Damnit, I HATE meatloaf! Even with ketchup!

Hello, and welcome. I r also a freelance photographer and artist. I'm currently working on a television show that is coming up this year. You'll all hear about that sooner or later, I'm sure.

When i say I'm working on a television show, I'm the internet connection for the host/executive producer of the show. I'm also creating all the logos, bookcovers for his books, and some of the photography for him. Its quite cool.