Total new to Russian Metal...

ChildInFlames

Eternal flaming grave
Nov 21, 2001
Russia, Saint-Petersburg
Visit site
Hey! :)

I have never heard Forest Stream (or any other Russian underground Metal... :/ ) Yes, it is fact, I am from Russia...
Anyways what Forest Stream are alike? what style are they?

I am into Melodic Death Metal and such bands as In Flames, Dark Tranquillity etc.

What bands do you suggest me to check?

Thanks!

Hailz!
They are quite unique blend of doom, funeral doom, black, gothic, death metals and classical music. Sometimes they remind me a bit of Katatonia that has met Dimmu Borgir with Emperor but mostly it is their own stile... You can also check Rakoth. These band are both in the Elitist/Earache records's roster. And i do not know any other band maybe except Somnolence deserving you to pay any attention. Although If you are into the MDM check Seducer's Embrace, they are really good players despite following In Flames tune by tune. Cheers

Check out Forest Stream - it`s a must!
Rakoth....khm....well...in my opinion......crap i`d say... :bah:

cant really say anything about other bands mentioned in the previous message...haven`t heard those :erk:

It's me!!! But I din't say anything BAD about a band aaaaaaa!!!
:cry:
I am sorry.... forgive me... give me the possibility to say good things 'bout us in here!! The dwelling-place of dark despair... at the last shore of the last hope... where all truth have gone...
at our fourm....:cry: :cry:

Originally posted by Soulburner
Some people here are too modest :D

ChildInFlames: Crystal Abyss are definitely worth checking out...

Crystal Abyss don't have neither official releases nor label yet and the quality of available mp3s is a bit out of date (they are preparing a full length album now), so it can be a real problem of checking them out. :Smug: When they have I'll be the first one to announce it. :devil:

follow the links below :)

Some great russian bands are Tvangeste, Forest Stream, Rakoth, older Mental Home, Dis Pater (really cool gothic doom), there are others.

Originally posted by Sarquanaar
I'm starting to doubt you heard more than a couple of their songs.:err:

Nope! I really like them and I have heard a lot of their songs! I'm not saying that is bad!!! Sometimes the band can sound TOO original (see my topic "How a band should be concidered")...
But I see a lot of similarities between you and In Flames sometimes tune by tune. We also sound sometimes Dimmu Borgirish (EMI Code 666) but i don't give a fuck about that! So that was more like POSITIVE feature:)))
Smile!!
SE rules!:worship: