Total Noob Questions from a total Noob

Incineration_stl

New Metal Member
Aug 22, 2007
St. Louis
www.myspace.com
Hey everyone, I've been checking out this board for a few years and have always been interested in recording, i have a few questions, but please keep in mind i AM a noob and don't want too much of a new one ripped for me.

So i just want to get some gear that will help me write on songs/demos for my band, i'm also on a piss poor budget and have become the king of lay-away at music stores around here.

I know i need a computer, Recommendations for a broke DeathHead? I have used DFH before but never got too savvy with it, is this the best thing to use? I saw on a Toxic Holocaust "studio" video that the dude was using Propeller-head Reason and it seemed like it had pre-programmed drum beats, what do you guys think of that?

My buddy has the Line 6 Pod Farm so i'll probably use that for recording my Git-fiddle. What sort of Interface should i use?

Any recommendations or criticism of my ignorance would be great, im just looking for a few peices of gear to help write songs on a low-ass budget.

Here's a link to my band, www,myspace.com/incinerationmetal.

can't recommend a computer
DAW(the thing you record into) -reaper is like $30
interface - profire 610 (there are cheaper but i cant think what right now, but that should last you a LONG time)
as for drum programmes - Im thinking Superior 2.0 as this starts off pretty raw and will actually teach you how to get you to make them to sound good from the source.