I need some help total NOOB

xBOBxSAGETx

Jan 18, 2010
Alright everyone. I got a pretty awesome job about 3 months ago and I just got some decent cash saved up. right now I want to purchase this and I would like everyones opinion on it. http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com...age?sku=702525
it comes with pro tools LE which I think should be fine for me for a while even though most of my friends use Sonar so I don't know what I'm gonna do. I'm in the process of building a PC computer. I have my heart set on running the Intel i5 quad core processor, but honestly I don't know anything about building computers so If any input on building a PC computer that will be used to record guitar, vocals, bass, and drums through an electronic kit. Any help/input is VERY MUCH APPRECIATED! I have no experience what so ever, if you can direct me to other thread or a site to read and learn some that would be great. Oh and by the way I will be recording Hardcore/Metal bands. Also is it true that I will only be able to use Pro Tools with this interface?

Don't take this the wrong way, but you need to do some more homework. If you have $$, buy more than you can. Learn exactly what you want to be able to do. I wouldn't buy that setup as it isn't enough inputs to record drums. Even electronic. I wouldn't want to mixdown on the fly. You should be setup for the ability to at least have 8 inputs at a time.

Read the sticky at the top of the page, buying an audio interface.

Dont get that bundle...but the mini is fine if your just starting out...once you start learning what your doing then make an upgrade to a better interface...if you really need to track drums then go to a local studio or find a friend that has the capabilities...Your best bet is just look for the mbox and then do some reasearch on a decent set of monitors and a decent mic to get you started..that bundle is a waste of money

@ttrent I want to do some more homework but I don't know where to go.... I was planning on doing all the drums via Superior Drummer 2.0. Can you guys give me suggestions on what I should get please?

Dalinkwent48@aim.com local studios all sound like everything is in a cardboard box for 25 an hour I despise of his recordings and I've herd home recordings that a 16 year old did that blew his recordings out of the water