Tour: The Contortionist, Jeff Loomis, Chimp Spanner, 7 Horns 7 Eyes

Aug 14, 2008
MS-Intrinsic-Tour.jpeg

THE CONTORTIONIST WITH JEFF LOOMIS, CHIMP SPANNER, AND 7 HORNS 7 EYES

7/14 – Indianapolis, IN @ Emerson Theater (no Chimp Spanner)
7/15 - Joliet, IL @ Mojoes
7/16 - Cleveland, OH @ Peabody’s
7/17 - Lansing, MI @ Blackened Moon
7/18 - Portage, IN @ Camelot Arena
7/20 - Little Rock, AR @ Downtown Music
7/21 - Oklahoma City, OK @ Conservatory
7/22 - Alburquerque, NM @ El Rey Theater
7/24 - Hollywood, CA @ Whiskey A Go GO

I don't know... I once saw a comment by one of the guys in MetalSucks that they try to sponsor the tours that offer some of the most current or popular bands... I guess not?

I mean, just the other day Nuclear Blast signed a band that's supposedly getting a lot of buzz... and they're awful, weird... totally not what I'd expect to be popular...

(goes to show I have no idea who anyone in this package is with the exception of Loomis)

I am not saying with 100% certainty that these bands DON'T have fans or anything.

Though at the same time I wouldnt go so far to say these are bands that are defining as what is current and hot in the metal scene. I mean, maybe if you read REVOLVER MAGAZINE or ALT PRESS or something.

Anyhow, I am going to stop now before Aeonic's pants get in a bunch over me questioning this fabulous tour.

I don't know... I once saw a comment by one of the guys in MetalSucks that they try to sponsor the tours that offer some of the most current or popular bands... I guess not?

I mean, just the other day Nuclear Blast signed a band that's supposedly getting a lot of buzz... and they're awful, weird... totally not what I'd expect to be popular...

(goes to show I have no idea who anyone in this package is with the exception of Loomis)

Eh it's not that odd. The big boys have been doing some strange signings as of late. Century recently picked up Necrowretch and Morbus Chron, two awesome, raw, dirty, not Century/Nuclear-ified plastic, death metal bands. Those bands won't get big, don't have that sound. I wouldn't put too much stock into the label name.

Those words, along with the words "good" and "interesting" belong far, far away from this tour.

Contortionist and 7H7E rule! gtfo! Not sure how people can claim to be into progressive music on this board and not give Contortionist and Chimp Spanner a shot at the very least.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TInQ0eZwFp8&feature=related
It might not be everyone's cup of tea, but I enjoy them.

That album is probably one of my favorite metal releases of the year. Caught me off guard and blew me away. I love how brutal they get while being progressive and "modern" without sounding like a Sturgis band you know?

Jasonic, you would love them if you love Novembers Doom. There are alot of similarities between the bands on a musical level. 7H7E is Christian from a lyrical standpoint, but you can't have everything you want I guess.

Its amazing to me seeing people in this thread claiming bands aren't any good, even though they admit to never having heard of them. You know the world of prog metal is alot more diverse than your DT clone type bands.

Its amazing to me seeing people in this thread claiming bands aren't any good, even though they admit to never having heard of them. You know the world of prog metal is alot more diverse than your DT clone type bands.

YES YES AND YES.

Progressive music goes beyond the traditional and the standard, if you call yourself a prog enthusiast and are narrow-minded, you really dont have the right to call yourself one who understands what prog is.

The only person who said anything about these bands not being good is me, and I never said anything like that????? I have heard all 4 bands/artists and I will make sure I never hear any of them again. Prog metal is certainly a diverse world but it doesn't mean that just because a band doesn't sound like DT, they're automatically the second coming of Christ. There's more shitty prog than good prog (although to be fair the same thing can be said for any genre).

the same thing can be said for any genre).

Especially death metal, doom, black metal, and any other true metal subgenre. Would seriously rather listen to Emmure or the Attack Attack (and when I say seriously, I mean that bc I love those bands) than Necrowitch and Morbis Chon.

Contortionist and 7H7E rule! gtfo! Not sure how people can claim to be into progressive music on this board and not give Contortionist and Chimp Spanner a shot at the very least.

But the whole thing is, prior to this post, no one even KNEW about them. I will always take a listen to most stuff, I just can't do it here at work. I probably will later just to see...

But the whole thing is, prior to this post, no one even KNEW about them. I will always take a listen to most stuff, I just can't do it here at work. I probably will later just to see...

www.youtube.com

It's not that hard. You get home from work, you go on there and you look it up. It literally takes the exact amount of time as going to this board and typing up a paragraph on the KIDZ THESE DAYZ. You only have yourself to blame.

Also I'm not sure whether or not you misread my post or you don't understand the phrase "give a shot," but I never said anywhere that I necessarily expected people to know all these bands like walking muzak encyclopedias.