tour weekend

cthulufhtagn

Went Out for Smokes 13 Years Ago
Jul 19, 2004
south of washington
went on tour with the band up to washington this weekend, it was pretty kickass. played in olympia first to mostly our entourage of friends and some mildly entertained bar patrons, but at least i got a couple lagunitas maximus on tap and they didn't card me...and i got to stay with my aunt and uncle in their nice digs outside town. then saturday we met up with a bunch of friends at evergreen and went out to some quarry in hick-ass redneck washington and shot a bunch of guns for a couple hours, got to shoot bottles with an AK :headbang:

later on we played a show at a bar near UW in seattle, got a much better reaction from the 40 or so people there including people battling in front of the stage with giant foam and duct tape weapons. we were worried cuz they seemed serious about everyone having ID but before the show i slipped in past the door guy carrying a big speaker cab and disappeared into the back before he could card me :lol: so i got a few more free drinks, plus we got paid $40, better than nothing. then one of the weirdest things ever happened, there was some big accident about half a mile down the freeway from us while we were headed back to our friend's place at about 2am and we found ourselves suddenly stopped in a total parking lot on I-5 for two fucking hours! everybody started getting out of their cars and wandering around, we just cranked up some amon amarth, drank a couple beers, smoked a bowl and tried to see what was going on from the roof of the car. it was blocking all 5 lanes and they didn't open any up until about 4, none of us even cared though it was kinda fun somehow :tickled:

then today got to walk around seattle a little and go through pike place market and whatnot, then tonight played a show at a bdsm club :lol: (poster i drew is on the myspace)...we thought it was gonna be really weird but it actually turned out being pretty much the most fun show ever. it was surprisingly clean and not overly sketchy and we were actually disappointed when nobody there started sexing while we were playing, there was all this ominous-looking bondage equipment around and we thought it would make a hilarious counterpoint but half the crowd was our friend entourage anyway ...but we put on a total stage show with this woman as our like bondage queen, she made audience members flog us, me play a solo with my face buried in her tits, our singer get naked etc, it was hilarious and we got paid a seriously whopping $250 for our trouble. haha man it's too bad there weren't more people there cuz pretty much everybody loved it. also prior to playing while we were setting up our equipment said bondage queen got in some ridiculous fight with another woman and had a fuckin seizure, which was just really weird and deserves mention.

so yeah, pretty fast paced weekend i'd say, i just got back and i'm totally wired from driving straight here from seattle, gonna blaze a bowl and de-wire :Smokin:

yep, some chick took a piss right in front of my friends' car too. also there were hella people walking around looking for beer and/or cigs. i mean, it was 3am on a saturday night, who's gonna be out on the freeway at that hour? drunk people :kickass:

shooting the ak was definitely a highlight, unfortunately it's like 50 cents a round so i couldn't shoot it much. spent most of the time picking off cans* with a 22.

*not being able to tell when you even hit the cans. it's a 22.