Touring the Southeast

Jun 19, 2004
A friend and I made this petition to show demand to the band and/or their managers for stops in the Southeast of the US, which they don't visit. Several states... Alabama, Tennessee, South Carolina, Mississippi, I think even Arkansas... haven't had the privelidge of seeing an Opeth concert yet. There are quite a few larger cities in this area that would be a good market... Memphis probably the biggest one, but then there's also Birmingham, Montgomery, Jackson, etc.

Atlanta, Florida, and Winston-Salem get to see Opeth frequently and although I suppose it is humanly possible at least, that is quite a stretch for most people in the region mentioned above, whether it be because of money, parents, work, etc. Most people aren't able to afford it, timewise or moneywise.

This isn't meant to be bitchy... this region's most popular genres are country and rap, so we don't blame Opeth or their management at ALL for not visiting this region. The purpose of this petition is to SHOW that there's an audience very willing to attend.

Also keep in mind that if Opeth performs in that area, more and more metal bands are likely to go there as well, and it's fairly rare that they do. If you're sick of no good concerts coming to your area, this would be a good chance to expand your options.

So please... if you live in those states, would go to a performance in those states, or know people that either live or would go to those states, sign the petition and get the word around.

Many thanks!!

http://www.petitiononline.com/opethse

pasting my replies from the other thread about this:
interesting, but i think it more "fair" that people petition they tour somewhere they've never been. you should have seen the orgasmic reaction to their single show in Israel.

I say, road trip it if you're a big fan. :headbang:
I understand that it can be difficult, I just think it's easier for us in the US to book it to gigs than it is in other countries where they *might* get *lucky* and get 1 show in 5 years, in the whole nation. A tad one-sided don't you think? We get more tours than any other country on average, and I think only Sweden has seen more Opeth than the USA.
The US is not *that* much bigger than other countries by comparison, especially considering, once again, that America gets its own TOURS while other countries get simply 1 date, regardless of the fact that many of the audience must travel 100+ miles.