Touring With Marty Friedman

In another thread, Ron wrote

Marty emailed me a few days ago and said that Israel may happen after the Germany, France, Holland, UK, and Italy dates. The last gig right now is April 10 in Rome. If Israel happens it will be right after that.

The material that we are playing is all from Marty's solo CDs (no Cacophany, Megadeth, Spastic Ink, etc...) The parts that I play are what I call 2nd guitar parts (some songs are mostly rhythm, others have lots of lead harmonies).

Ron

By the way, has anyone ever told you that you look like Stallone?o_O:saint:

Unfortunately yes - you got it, it's Martin over here...
Can't make it to Hellendoorn, I'm afraid, but will be at Zoetermeer for sure!

:kickass:

Already wished you a good trip by mail, Ron, but here's another one: have a safe flight over here and enjoy the tour! May the venues be filled to the brim and the sparks fly from the strings (figuratively speaking, of course)! :headbang:

http://www.metalshots.com/2007-04-01_MartyFriedman_Hellendoorn/index.html

No, not really, but they did play an Elvis-cover tho (which kicked mayor ass!! Didn't know Marty could sing hehe) in which Ron gave an amazing freaking frenzy solo, but I couldn't hear him well enough. Marty had this huge chorus on his sound, a bit overwhelming for Ron's sound. But when both were playing lead or Ron would play rhythm, it sounded massive! All in all it's been a kickass show, and even more to seeing Ron performing again \m/

Wonder how many beers Marty had tho lol

[edit]and I shouldn't forget mentioning the slamming rhythm-section!! Awesome!

I didn't take the pics, but had an awesome time yeah! (you can tell by looking at that pic on which this ugly dude with the Martyr-shirt looks like crap :saint: )

I wonder if I should take Ron to get Madurodamned tomorrow. The potential for silliness is endless, there! Better get that 2G card for my camera first :D
Haha! Take Marty too, and tell him to take his shoes off lol (just kidding, mr. Friedman ;) :headbang:)

No worries - enjoy! Have to say, my arms felt like lead after taking well over 600 pix at the show!

On the show itself: I knew what we were in for: mostly Loudspeaker and Music For Speeding stuff, with a few Dragon's Kiss tunes thrown in (unfortunately not Saturation Point), and of course no Cacophony or earlier material. I was disappointed with the fact that most of it was the newer, simpler stuff, since I knew that beforehand, but it did leave a bit of a bad taste, in the sense that the earlier stuff is more challenging and interesting from a gitarista point of view. In other words: Marty can do a whole lot better, not to mention the fact that Ron doesn't really get a chance to display his amazing talents at all. But it was a fun hour and a half and especially talking to Ron before and after the show was great - the main thing I went for, to be honest. Can't wait for the Blotted Science CD!