touring

Originally posted by bb636
did any big bands ask you to open for them?

if not, do you think their afraid to play
after you guys?

ben.

Well, I wish we could say that we've been approached by bigger bands, but unfortunately, no one has ever asked us to do a show with them. The biggest show we've done so far is ProgPower I last year (02/01) in Chicago, and of course it was great playing that show with bigger bands like Symphony X, Zero Hour, Evergrey, and Pain of Salvation. As far as individually on our own with a big band...not yet
I'd love to do shows with bigger bands. It would definitely give us a chance to get more people introduced to our music. As for being afraid of us.... :lol: Nahhhh.... I don't think that's it. ;)
I just think that no one (at least big bands that is) has really even heard of us. Who knows, maybe one day they will...and then, you'll never know, we just may get that opportunity. :D

~D

(That was a cool question) ;)

Question.

Who does the booking for the band?

Would outside management help?

I'm wondering because I see bands like Division, Antithesis, Archetype, Cage, Twelfth Gate, Z-Lot-Z etc. get on bigger shows. I know some ohave management and some don't.

So did Z-lot-Z get asked to open for Geoff Tate (or Dio or whoever it was)? I doubt it, unless someone who booked the show knew the band. If not, someone fromt eh band or band management and to petition to get them on... right?

My point? I want to see PoO (Cleveland Steamer) some damn deserved recogfuckingnition and open for tours like Dio/Hammerfall and Bling Guardian/Symphony X. It can be done, but I'm sure there's a lot of footwork that has to happen first to make it reality.

zilla

We're actually in search of a management company...doing everything ourselves gets to be pretty ugly sometimes...if we had management, it would help to allow us to concentrate on the music more. But Hell yeah!!! I'd love to do shows with bands like that...that would just kick so much ass!!!!

~D

:cool: