Live Songs?

Jax

Forum Goddess
Feb 11, 2002
San Jose, CA
WAKE UP, PEOPLE!!!! hehe :loco:

Here's one for both the band members & the fans..

Band guys: What's your favorite song to play live? Also, do you have a least favorite song to play live, & if so, why?

Fans: What song would you most want to see PofO play live if you could pick one? Have you seen them play it?

My answer would be 'Test of Wills'..and I've seen them play it live twice. :)

Lady of the Oracle said:

Here's one for both the band members & the fans..

Band guys: What's your favorite song to play live? Also, do you have a least favorite song to play live, & if so, why?

My answer would be 'Test of Wills'..and I've seen them play it live twice. :)
I'm awake, I'm awake!!!! :hotjump::hotjump::hotjump:

LOL!!! ;)

For me personally, my favorite song to play live is "Test of Wills". Even though it's a long song... it's so much fun. :) That one and "In The End". I really don't think I have a least favorite, but if I had to choose one it would probably be "As Winter Falls"... ONLY because that's the only song that I have to detune my acoustic for...and if I don't remember to retune it back to standard tuning after the song is overwith (or at least until I get another acoustic guitar).... the next song with acoustic is screwed... :lol:
So I'm always having to think ahead on that song...reminding myself not to forget... so I never really get to concentrate, and enjoy the song for what it is.... and it's my favorite song (next to the two I mentioned above). ;)

~D

Lady of the Oracle said:

Fans: What song would you most want to see PofO play live if you could pick one? Have you seen them play it?
Test of Wills!!!! I've seen 'em do it every time they've played.... after a while though, it's kinda like :Smug: 'eh... I can do that..... :lol: LOL!!!

Dave - Power of Omens said:
Test of Wills!!!! I've seen 'em do it every time they've played.... after a while though, it's kinda like :Smug: 'eh... I can do that..... :lol: LOL!!!

BWAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHA!! :lol: :lol:

Smartass :p

FataMorgana said:
Sorry Dave, but I really want to see "As Winter Falls" performed live. ;)

Maybe I could get a big sign to hold up that says "DAVE, RETUNE!" hehehe

Stacy

516.gif

LMAO!!!!!
You've got yourself a deal.... ;)

Just don't forget the sign.... :lol:

~D

At the band:
Apart from wanting to hear all of your songs performed live, 'Alone I Stand' is one song I would like to see performed live and one that hits close to home for me.

Dave - Power of Omens said:
Just out of curiousity...
Why does that song hit home for you, if you don't mind me asking???

~D

It's the one song I choose to listen to, thus relate with, when Iam basking in a state of grand depression. Which seems to be quite often lately. A compliment to the lyrical writer for his visionary imagery. It is the one song that drives the meaning of 'hard hitting reality' home for me.

'Alone I Stand' is the one song that I can safely say is a carbon copy in describing better yet forcasting the state of confusion my mind tends to drift towards at times. A broken dream; a clouded vision; lost hope in all. Thus why, the following lyrics below are close to heart for me and meaning runs deep.

Now it seems, all of yesterdays dreams gone
For some time now, I'll close my mind and sleep
Which way to turn what faces to follow
The screams of lies have been broken now
A vision of the secret land has been placed in these hands
Will you believe me when I say?
Will you tell me things that I used to say?
Will I remember how it was?
Now take the last drop of blood

OmensGirl said:
It's the one song I choose to listen to, thus relate with, when Iam basking in a state of grand depression. Which seems to be quite often lately. A compliment to the lyrical writer for his visionary imagery. It is the one song that drives the meaning of 'hard hitting reality' home for me.

'Alone I Stand' is the one song that I can safely say is a carbon copy in describing better yet forcasting the state of confusion my mind tends to drift towards at times. A broken dream; a clouded vision; lost hope in all. Thus why, the following lyrics below are close to heart for me and meaning runs deep.

Now it seems, all of yesterdays dreams gone
For some time now, I'll close my mind and sleep
Which way to turn what faces to follow
The screams of lies have been broken now
A vision of the secret land has been placed in these hands
Will you believe me when I say?
Will you tell me things that I used to say?
Will I remember how it was?
Now take the last drop of blood

I'm sorry to hear that... but I think I can relate.

~D

vedr4n said:
the naked mind... you have to play that, once you come in europe !!:kickass:

Believe it or not, we're re-working that song into our current setlist ;)

From the discussion we've had, that song along with two others from the first CD, and I believe most of Rooms of Anguish will be songs we'll be working on for live shows. :)

~D

vedr4n said:
okay, and when are you coming in europe ?
497.gif

I wish I could say that I knew when we were coming up there... if it were up to me, we'd be there right now... ;) heheh

But alot depends on whether or not enough people want to see us in Europe.... or if we get an invite from one of the European Festivals, like ProgPower, Headway, or even Wacken. Of course once we're there, we'll try to play as much as we possibly can for the time that we are there. ;)

I would absolutely love to come play in Europe... maybe our luck will change with the new year, and we'll finally be able to come up. :cool:

~D