Tower Records

Walter_Langkowski said:
Does that mean you have an impulse urge to shop at Impulse Music?:lol:

Sorry, I had to say that for obvious reasons. And I'm sure I know what your answer will be.:p

I'm an "Impulse" buyer:kickass:.

Trans-Siberian Outcast said:
Because sometimes you just don't want to wait a week to get an album. You WANT IT NOW! Every once in awhile I get a wild hair, and just want to get an album as an impulse buy. If I order online, by the time it gets to me, it's not an impulse anymore and I've moved on to something else. I still buy about 10 cds a year from brick and morter stores.

I agree. If I see something in a store that would be considered a hard find, I'll pick it up if it makes sense dollar wise. As I've gotten older though, I've also learned to have patience ordering online. Impulse buys are fun, but most of mine wind up being albums that have been out for while, and I don't have a problem waiting another week for it.

New releases are a different story. Most times over the past 5 years or so, I've had the mp3s for weeks by the time the album is released. I use cduniverse.com a lot. So I'll order the album over the weekend before the release date. They'll ship it on the release date (Tuesday). It arrives in the mail on Thursday.

But there's always that album - recently new Slayer, and coming soon new Maiden - that I'll hit the nearest Best Buy at lunchtime and pick it up because I don't want to wait. By the way, new Slayer was $9.99 at Best Buy for the week of it's release. Anyone know how much it was at Tower? I'd guess at least 13.99 or 14.99. Most new releases at Best Buy are either 11.99 or less.

All that being said, I've bought hundreds of cds at Tower Records since I started collecting them in late 1986.