TOWER STUDIO - news and updates

Brett - K A L I S I A

Dreaded Moderator
Feb 26, 2004
France
www.towerstudio.net
Hey guys,

So I figured out that I should create a thread for my work to share mixes and news with you instead of creating many different ones in an already cluttered forum. So here it is :)

devin.jpg

DEVIN TOWNSEND PROJECT Live E.P.
So the free 5 song live-EP I have recorded, mixed and mastered have been released. If you haven't yet, you can still download it here.

agora2.jpg

AGORA Regresa al Vertigo
I have finished the Agora mix and master for their new album. They are a very very good Mexican progressive metal band. If you like Dream Theater and Symphony X you should definitely check them out (myspace page).
Here is a song from this album for you to download: Dias de Sombra
Enjoy!

mariana.jpg

THE MARIANA HOLLOW Velvet Black Sky
I have also finished mixing this English band's new album. Their first album was mixed by Chris Sheldon (Foo Fighters, Radiohead, Skunk Anansie, Biffy Clyro, Oceansize, Anthrax..). You can listen to two album samplers on their myspace page. For fans of... well, good music :)

tainted.jpg

TAINTED NATION
I have reamped all guitars for this awesome AOR band, composed of members from Eden's Curse, Firewind, Helloween, The Poodles, Lionsheart... The mighty Dennis Ward (Angra, Pink Cream 69...) is in charge of the mixing and he was very happy with the guitar sound. I can't wait to hear the final result! In the meantime you can check them out here.

tank86.jpg

TANK86 Rise
Check out this Dutch VERY heavy instrumental band. I have mastered their upcoming album and it's heavy as fuck. As they say on their website, "it will melt your fucking speakers!".

anasazi2.jpg

ANASAZI Playing Ordinary People
If you like Porcupine Tree, O.S.I. or Anathema, check out this awesome French progressive band. I have mastered their previous album "origin(s)" and mastered their new one as well "Playing Ordinary People". They usually release their albums for free on their website so there is no reason not to enjoy their music.

khynn.jpg

KHYNN Any Fear Calms Down
This awesome Thrash band (I have recorded, mixed and mastered) have just released a video clip for one of their song, check it out here. For fans of Soilwork, Lamb of God and Gojira!

xerathII.jpg

XERATH II
Ok so I didn't do anything on this album (I mixed and mastered their first album) but it's so good that you must not pass on it. It has been mixed by Jacob Hansen and you can listen to a track on youtube.

And in the coming weeks...

wark.jpg

WAR KABINETT
I should receive the tracks to mix this Mexican Power/Speed/Thrash band next week or so, featuring solos from Gamma Ray's guitar player. Can't wait! Here's their myspace page.

glassmind.jpg

GLASS MIND
Another Progressive Mexican band (I should really start learning Spanish), I'm waiting to receive their tracks in a few days to begin working on their album. Check them out.

detoxed.jpg

DETOXED
A French Thrash/Death metal band, with influences from Sweden (In Flames, Soilwork). I have helped with the drums recording and I am eagerly waiting for them to finish the recording of the vocals to get on with the mix. Check them out here.

Hey guys,

m1.png

So the GLASS MIND mix is done. The album will be released in June, if you are into Progressive Metal influenced by the good prog metal from the 90's (best period in my opinion) then you should check them out!

Here is a small teaser they put online recently:

Coming next are the WAR KABINETT album mix (from Mexico) and SECTOR 9 mix (alternative / heavy rock band from Lebanon).

Also I have put a flash cover artwork scrolling thing at the bottom of my website homepage, I'm not too sure about it though. Is it cool? Is it too much? Comments are welcome please! I would like it to scroll in the other direction but I don't know how to make it go that way and can't be arsed to create my own scroller... so if you have ideas or know how to do it, you are more than welcome to chime in :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Brett, it's kinda old but I bought the Auspex album (Heliopause! and I really love it, songwritting and producing wise, congrats !!

I like it, but I think the scrolling could be a bit slower, and (IDK if it's possible) adding links to the bands' website on the albums could be nice too :)

Cool, glad you like it dude. On the Glass Mind album the amp is my Peavey 6505 with Maxon OD820 in front, into the Torpedo VB-101. Drums are real, not sure what brand they are though (I have some pictures of the recording on my studio computer I'll look at those later to tell you, I think it's Yamaha). Kicks are 100% sampled, snare is 75% real, same for toms. It's the first mix I do with VCC though.

Ok yes I can confirm it, it's a Yamaha drumkit, an Oak Custom I believe. Skins are Evans. Toms microphones are SM57, snare top is a MD421, bottom looks like a e609.
Guitars are Ibanez RG1527 (both guitar players have this guitar, one has the stock pickups and the other has DiMarzio D-sonic in the bridge and Air Norton in the neck) with Dunlop Zakk Wylde Cry Baby (not on all leads though).