Nov 19, 2003
Baltimore
Visit site
citypaper1.jpg

citypaper2.jpg

and this is tomorrow!

flyer3.jpg

Firedwarf said:
awesome, Buried Inside rules. Congratulations! Do you have mp3s of Triac stuff up yet?

hell yeah there are some here (site code by avi)

thanks everyone I am very excited about this summer I think it will be great

also I just got an unexpected tax return and will be buying a new head soonish

mmmmm

i used to think the mesas were just hype, but we borrowed a triple & dual rec for Ta Welcum teh Fador - i was really, REALLY impressed with the dual. i liked it better than the triple- seemed to have a more natural, warm tone to it. they're both really versatile: can be warm with slight distortion or totally rip your face off. just wish they weren't so expensive.

good luck with looking- that's always fun. ever think of old sunn amps? not sure they're as easily found as the mesas tho.

Mesa are definitely versatile, but I don't think they cut well at all. I'd think Josh would be better off with something simple and powerful for the kind of stuff he plays.

i could maybe see that- the mesas have good tones, but can tend to be more wallpaper-y sounding, without a huge mid-range presence like marshall & other amps. is that what you mean avi?
in that respect, if josh doesn't necessarily like the midrange of the 5150, maybe that sound is more what he's looking for?
i never played a 5150 where i could listen to it, just at fests.