Track I just mixed for a local hard rock outfit.

Jordon

Sep 14, 2008
Chicago
Just a demo track. I quite like how it turned out, considering there wasn't much time put into it. I originally produced, engineered and mixed this a while back, and they sent it to a guy in Nashville so he could try his hand at it. Turned out pretty good, but it wasn't what they were looking for. I remixed this for them for the hell of it.

http://soundcloud.com/jordonglasswall/truth-master

Hope that link works for everyone.

The comments on the track are for the band members to reference to.

The guitars were Line 6 Pod farm and a LOT of post-processing and they were pretty heavily edited, as was the bass. They tracked the guitars on their own time. I cannot for the life of me remember what the bass was. Drums are real with a stacked kick snare and toms. Vocals were a Neumann TLM103 through a UA LA2A and a Neve Portico 5012 preamp. Backing vocals were done with the same chain, but I (yes, I sang the harmonies, and I hate how they sound haha) used an SM7b instead.

This was a down-and-dirty demo for these guys. They're really new, and couldn't justify spending a shitload of money on a 2 song handout. Tried to get them the best product I could. Definitely better than a new band's usual first demo.

Go ahead and tear it apart guys! I love learning what I could have done differently.