Tracked in Italy, Mixed in Canada, Mastered in Florida by James!

Glenn Fricker

Very Metal &Very Bad News
Mar 6, 2005
22 Acacia Avenue
Hey gang,

After going three years without a break, the last year being especially intense, I'm in the middle of a two month "production hiatus".... ....so I'm posting a few things I haven't had the chance to.

This time, it's a project from Milan, Italy. The band is named "Krieg" and the track is titled "Second Line."

This was my first trans-continental mix, and I'm thrilled the band asked me to do it.

From what I know, the band tracked the guitars, bass & vox themselves, and went to a studio to track the drums.

Consequently, the drums were nearly 100% replaced because they really didn't sound too great.

We mixed via Skype & FTP... went pretty well too. Even with the language barrier. I think only one guy in the group spoke English & my Italian is fucking horrible.... but, we managed :)

Mastering was done by our very own James Murphy (Great job, dude!)

Here's the link:
Krieg - Second Line

My wife's dad is from somewhere north of Venice. His family helped a lot of new Italian immigrants to Canada get settled & started. ...it was pretty wild when they all showed up at my wedding! :)

Kinda funny, when the relatives fly over the all want to see Niagara Falls. Bores me to death though, I grew up 30 minutes away & have seen them enough times to put me to sleep.

Anyway, glad you liked the mix. I was particularity fond of this, they've got a unique sound.

My wife's dad is from somewhere north of Venice. His family helped a lot of new Italian immigrants to Canada get settled & started. ...it was pretty wild when they all showed up at my wedding! :)

Fortunately they're not from south of italy, then it would be total mayhem lol

Kinda funny, when the relatives fly over the all want to see Niagara Falls. Bores me to death though, I grew up 30 minutes away & have seen them enough times to put me to sleep.

Yeah I've been to venice many times and it's amazing how friends get impressed by the city, I'm kinda bored by it lol

Anyway, glad you liked the mix. I was particularity fond of this, they've got a unique sound.

Well done dude, really well done ;)

^ Guess it's because Oz is really good at tracking and this one isn't tracked in his studio.

Are the guitars reamped?

Yes.

As it stands right now, I'll be heading off to Italy this summer to track their next record... ...so hopefully things will be done correctly from the get-go, as opposed to having to do a 'fix up' job. Especially on the drums.

Ha, that's cool, it will probably be an interesting experience. I hope you'll have good working coditions. Are they going to take care of the expenses?

Yeah, that's part of the gig.... Orignially, they wanted to come here, but I thought it would be cheaper for me to fly over there... I've got a portable SAW/SAC rig that's perfect for just such a project.

Anyway, thanks for the comments on the mix, guys... I just might revisit this one...