Transatlantic - Bridge Across Forever

S4R

gooey
Sep 7, 2001
.il.us
I think I have a new favorite album! I finally picked this album up last week and I can’t stop listening to it. There is just something about it; the album does everything for me, a great prog-rock album. Stranger in Your Soul is the best song, its aggressive then its melancholic, the drums are great, the bass is great, I love the melodies, and the vocals are great. These guys play amazing together; no one person is trying to steal the show. What do you think of Transatlantic?

Demonspell, have anything more to say? ;)

Good album. Get the first too. BAF is better I guess, but that doesn't mean that much.

-Hondo

SMPTe is a great album but in my opinion the playing on BAF is more soild and balanced and the songs are much better. All of the Above however is one of my favorite songs.

Originally posted by Soul4Raziel
I think I have a new favorite album! I finally picked this album up last week and I can’t stop listening to it. There is just something about it; the album does everything for me, a great prog-rock album. Stranger in Your Soul is the best song, its aggressive then its melancholic, the drums are great, the bass is great, I love the melodies, and the vocals are great. These guys play amazing together; no one person is trying to steal the show. What do you think of Transatlantic?

Demonspell, have anything more to say? ;)

Stranger is great, but Duel With The Devil kills it. :) I love that song to death. In case you didn't know, a limited edition of this CD is available, its bonus disc features a Pink Floyd cover, a few demos, and a jam session based around And I Love Her which leads to some hilarious variations on the song...

I read somewhere that this album was written and recorded in something like two weeks. I wish these "super groups" would spend more time in the studio, just imagine what they could produce, but I suppose these things are called side projects for a reason.