Transatlantic World Tour

BARfest

Sep 9, 2003
Visit site
From MP's Forum-- Details on the San Francisco show are below--

Almost a decade has passed since their last live appearance together...
The wait is finally now over...the long-awaited return to the stage of the legendary prog supergroup has arrived!!!

An Evening With
TRANSATLANTIC
Whirld Tour 2010

Featuring:
MIKE PORTNOY (Dream Theater)
PETE TREWAVAS (Marillion)
ROINE STOLT (The Flower Kings)
NEAL MORSE (Ex Spock's Beard)

Sat April 17th - Downey, CA - The Downey Theater
http://www.calprog.com/TA_buy_tickets.htm
Sun April 18th - San Francisco, CA - The Palace Of Fine Arts
www.bayarearockpromotions.com (tix on sale Jan 10th)
Tues April 20th - Chicago, IL - Park West
Wed April 21st - Montreal, QUE - Metropolis
Fri April 23rd - New York City - The Blender Theater at Gramercy
Sat April 24th - Philadelphia, PA - Theater Of The Living Arts
Tues May 4th - Frankfurt, Germany - Batschkapp
Ticket Online: www.Ticketonline.com / **49 18 05 – 44 70
Ticketmaster: www.Ticketmaster.de / **49 18 05 – 9 69 00 00
Wed May 5th - Hamburg, Germany - Markthalle
Thurs May 6th - Poznan, Poland - Hala Arena http://www.rockserwis.pl/serwis.do?menu=main&pid=113947&cat=12&mcat=12&l=2
Fri May 7th - Berlin, Germany - Columbia Club
Sat May 8th - Cologne, Germany - Live Music Hall
Sun May 9th - Stuttgart, Germany - Longhorn
Mon May 10th - Esch/Alzette, Luxembourg - Rockhal
www.rockhal.lu
Thurs May 13th - Madrid, Spain - Macumba
www.ticketmaster.es
Fri May 14th - Barcelona, Spain - Razzmatazz 2
www.ticketmaster.es
Mon May 17th - Milan, Italy - Alcatraz
www.ticketone.it
Tues May 18th - Pratteln, Switzerland - Z7
http://www.z-7.ch/start.php
Wed May 19th - Paris, France - Elysee Montmartre
www.fnacspectacles.com, www.ticketnet.fr, www.digitick.com
Thurs May 20th - Tilburg, Holland - 013
www.013web.nl
Fri May 21st - London, England - Shepherd's Bush Empire
http://www.gigsandtours.com/?a=transatlantic&site=transatlantic
Sat May 22nd - Manchester, England - Academy
http://www.gigsandtours.com/?a=transatlantic&site=transatlantic

Bay Area Rock Promotions is proud to present an Evening with Transatlantic in their first appearance in a decade for an exclusive Northern California appearance on their “Whirld Tour” on Sunday April 18th, 2010 at the Palace of Fine Arts in San Francisco. Reserved seat tickets will go on sale at all Ticketmaster outlets on Sunday January 10th.

Transatlantic is a prog supergroup featuring Mike Portnoy (Dream Theater), Pete Trewavas (Marillion), Roine Stolt (The Flower Kings). Their new album “ The Whirlwind” has garnered worldwide critical acclaim as it brings the listener back to the golden era of Genesis and Yes with a modern progressive punch.

The Palace of Fine Arts is located just footsteps from the San Francisco Bay in the Marina district in San Francisco just off of the Golden Gate Bridge. With a seated configuration holding up to 1000, it provides the dramatic showcase to spotlight the dynamics of this quartet.

For more information, visit www.bayarearockpromotions.com and http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/bar-fest-430/. For seating charts and other information please visit http://www.palaceoffinearts.org. For more information on Transatlantic, please visit www.transatlanticweb.com and www.radiantrecords.com

Bay Area Rock Promotions is an independent promotions company focused on progressive rock and metal concerts in the San Francisco Bay Area. Past shows have featured Dream Theater, Liquid Tension Experiment, Spocks Beard, Jeff Scott Soto with guest from Y&T, Jon Oliva from Savatage, Crimson Glory as well as local progressive bands such as Enchant and Zero Hour as well as worldwide artists from Japan, the Netherlands, Germany, Sweden and Australia in the debut US appearances.

i know, i'm gonna see Redemption, Primal Fear and Hammerfall next year. Trying to decide if i can make the Downey show or not. I dont recall neal morse's concert there being that much, but i cant remember, its been a while heh

Does anybody even follow Neil Morse anymore? The whole God thing ruined an awesome musician in my opinion. It was too much of trying to force religion down everybodies throat. Saying that, it was nice to see Transatlantic back together

Does anybody even follow Neil Morse anymore? The whole God thing ruined an awesome musician in my opinion. It was too much of trying to force religion down everybodies throat. Saying that, it was nice to see Transatlantic back together

I've got a friend that is into the religious thing, and he has kept up with him since leaving Spock's Beard. He had some in the car one day when we were going to lunch, and honestly, if you didn't listen to the lyrics, you wouldn't think anything had changed. That was only part of who knows which album I heard though.

Would like to catch the TA show somewhere, but not for $70.

I think the SF show will be very special at the Palace of Fine Arts...Not sure what the cost of the tickets are to be yet though,hopefully lower than Calprog....

Bear

Let's see... I enjoy maybe 3 songs by Transatlantic.

I hate Neal Morse's new "I wanna be your pastor, let's get our hands together and go hug Jesus Christ attitude."

I hate how progsnobs will be all over this show.

Plus, for $70 dollars? Yeah right.

Funny..... Since what I like about his newer solo material is that while it is religious, it is not preachy. It has either been conceptually based (ala the Martin Luther album) or deeply personal (ala Testimony) but has never bothered me by being overly aggrandizing as often times it can be.....

Let's see... I enjoy maybe 3 songs by Transatlantic.

I hate Neal Morse's new "I wanna be your pastor, let's get our hands together and go hug Jesus Christ attitude."

I hate how progsnobs will be all over this show.

Plus, for $70 dollars? Yeah right.

Statements like these crack me up on this board. I admit to not being a Neal Morse fan. With that said, it seems to be ok to sing about everything from elves to Satan to metal will live forever, but Heaven forbid a guy/band sing about their faith. :lol: Oh yeah...pardon the pun. :lol:

~Brian~

~Brian~

Statements like these crack me up on this board. I admit to not being a Neal Morse fan. With that said, it seems to be ok to sing about everything from elves to Satan to metal will live forever, but Heaven forbid a guy/band sing about their faith. :lol: Oh yeah...pardon the pun. :lol:

~Brian~

~Brian~

Well, and it's a pretty ignorant statement to assume that I'm only referring to metal bands preaching. I can't stand preaching, period. It has nothing to do with being a band singing. I give no respect to people who try to shove religion down others throats, and that's exactly what Neal Morse has been doing lately.

So next time, think about before saying something like that. It cracks me up that you get all bent out shape because apparently, people have different beliefs than yours.

I had a bad feeling this post was going to turn into this. My personal opinion on him is he's a great musician. Yeah, he does the religious stuff, but my thinking is to be as open-minded as can be. I listen to black metal even though I don't agree and I listen to Morse. I don't feel the guy is trying to convert anyone and I'm pretty much anti-religious.

Well, and it's a pretty ignorant statement to assume that I'm only referring to metal bands preaching. I can't stand preaching, period. It has nothing to do with being a band singing. I give no respect to people who try to shove religion down others throats, and that's exactly what Neal Morse has been doing lately.

So next time, think about before saying something like that. It cracks me up that you get all bent out shape because apparently, people have different beliefs than yours.

AngraRULES, by the looks of your statement, you're the one with his panties in a wad. I could care less what you listen to or what you believe to be honest. I'm pretty sure that the others that read your post will agree with me, that you jumped down my throat.

I had a bad feeling this post was going to turn into this. My personal opinion on him is he's a great musician. Yeah, he does the religious stuff, but my thinking is to be as open-minded as can be. I listen to black metal even though I don't agree and I listen to Morse. I don't feel the guy is trying to convert anyone and I'm pretty much anti-religious.

Yes, bands like Neal's, Throcracy, and Rob Rock take a slagging from time to time, as do the black metal bands. With that said, none of them seem to really care! :lol: I'm like you, I listen to stuff that I don't agree with as well.

~Brian~

AngraRULES, by the looks of your statement, you're the one with his panties in a wad. I could care less what you listen to or what you believe to be honest. I'm pretty sure that the others that read your post will agree with me, that you jumped down my throat.

~Brian~

Understood Brian, sorry but I didn't mean to sound so much as if I was jumping down your throat. It sounded to me like you were in a way mocking the fact that I had made that comment, so I felt the same way.

i enjoy Neal's solo work, but cringe whenever he talks about jesus. It wasnt bad when he was with Spocks Beard and talked about it, cause he wasnt being so explicit about it. Even the new TA album has parts that are bad. Like the final song. I mean, we knwo he's religious, we get it. Can he please start singing about something else?

Understood Brian, sorry but I didn't mean to sound so much as if I was jumping down your throat. It sounded to me like you were in a way mocking the fact that I had made that comment, so I felt the same way.

My post was meant for more "tongue in cheek", hence the elves and Satan references. Plus, the heaven forbid pardon the pun thing. Anyway, I can understand why people get turned off by overtly religious themes as well as overtly "black" themes. Everyone has limitations and thresholds for this type of thing. Personally, I get very bored with the "syrupy sweet", "praise Jesus" lyrics and very turned off by "black metal" lyrics. I guess I fall in between those two descriptions. I like more of a subtle religious approach and on the other end of the spectrum, I like "dark"/gothic themes. :kickass:

~Brian~